|Main character(s):||Colonel Emily Chaudhry|
|Featuring:||Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, Francis Currie|
|Main enemy:||ICIS, Colonel Ross Brimmicombe-Wood|
|Main setting:||England, the 2000s|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Writer:||Iain McLaughlin & Claire Bartlett|
|Cover by:||Red Ink|
|Release date:||June 2005|
|Format:||1 episode on 1 CD|
|The Longest Night||UNIT: Dominion|
Publisher's summary Edit
A deadly flu-like infection is sweeping the planet. Its first cases appeared in Britain, but now millions are infected worldwide and there is no sign of a cure. The emergency services can’t cope with what the press have dubbed a plague...
Under attack from all sides, UNIT in Britain is in disarray. It faces a stark choice -- to close its doors and concede defeat, or to fight back, whatever the cost... and the injured Colonel Emily Chaudhry knows UNIT has never backed down from a battle.
If UNIT is to fight back, it’s going to need the services of its missing commander, Colonel Brimmicombe-Wood, and the experience of the Brigadier, who can never refuse when duty calls...
to be added
- The Brigadier - Nicholas Courtney
- Colonel Emily Chaudhry - Siri O'Neal
- Colonel Ross Brimmicombe-Wood - David Tennant
- Sergeant Willis - Nora Brande
- Andrea Winnington - Sara Carver
- Francis Currie - Michael Hobbs
- George - Adrian McLoughlin
- The Prime Minister - Steffan Rhodri
- Corporal McLeish - Alex Zorbas
to be added
- This was David Tennant's final appearance in a Big Finish audio drama before assuming the role of the Tenth Doctor in TV: The Parting of the Ways in June 2005, the same month as this audio drama was originally released.
- This audio drama was recorded on 22 February (production) and 3 and 10 March 2005.
- With Chaudry as Commanding Officer and the Brigadier as the new Scientific Advisor, the story seems to be setting up a sequel series that didn't happen.
- The previous story had ICIS attempting a murderous coup, even killing the Deputy Prime Minister, and being exposed before the PM (who says they'll be shut down) and public - despite this, they're still operating and the full extent of their crimes seems forgotten.
- The Brigadier interacts with Commodore Sullivan at NATO, an obvious reference to Harry.
- The Brigadier's secure laptop ("The Old Boys' Network") is likely the same one he uses in AUDIO: Minuet in Hell.
- The Silurians are helping find a cure for the virus. Peace was made with the Silurians back in The Coup