Publisher's summary Edit
A deadly flu-like infection is sweeping the planet. Its first cases appeared in Britain, but now millions are infected worldwide and there is no sign of a cure. The emergency services can't cope with what the press have dubbed a plague...
Under attack from all sides, UNIT in Britain is in disarray. It faces a stark choice -- to close its doors and concede defeat, or to fight back, whatever the cost... and the injured Colonel Emily Chaudhry knows UNIT has never backed down from a battle.
If UNIT is to fight back, it's going to need the services of its missing commander, Colonel Brimmicombe-Wood, and the experience of the Brigadier, who can never refuse when duty calls...
to be added
- The Brigadier - Nicholas Courtney
- Colonel Emily Chaudhry - Siri O'Neal
- Colonel Ross Brimmicombe-Wood - David Tennant
- Sergeant Willis - Nora Brande
- Andrea Winnington - Sara Carver
- Francis Currie - Michael Hobbs
- George - Adrian McLoughlin
- The Prime Minister - Steffan Rhodri
- Corporal McLeish - Alex Zorbas
- The Brigadier reflects that Captain Yates was very good at paperwork, but Sgt. Benton was not.
- The media compares the pandemic to SARS and Ebola.
- The Brigadier interacts with Commodore Sullivan at NATO.
- Chaudry discusses the role of Scientific Advisor and how the Doctor used to hold the title with the Brigadier, and promotes him to the role.
- This was David Tennant's final appearance in a Big Finish audio drama before assuming the role of the Tenth Doctor in the television story The Parting of the Ways the same month.
- This audio drama was recorded on 22 February and 3 and 10 March 2005.
- The Brigadier attended Colonel Dalton's funeral. (AUDIO: The Longest Night)
- Currie reports that the flu-like epidemic has spread to a pandemic across mainland Europe and the United States, with Australia closing its borders. The Brigadier says it was first reported a few weeks ago. (AUDIO: The Longest Night) Currie reports that were as many as 10,000 fatalities because of the virus.
- The Brigadier uses a secure laptop he names "The Old Boys' Network". (AUDIO: Minuet in Hell).
- The Silurians are helping to find a cure for the virus, who humanity has made peace with. (AUDIO: The Coup)
- UNIT's berets are said to reflect their relationship with the UN. (TV: Battlefield)
- The Brigadier describes the Doctor as "splendid chaps, all of them." (TV: The Five Doctors)
- Emily Chaudhry mentions having met the Doctor before. (PROSE: The Terror of the Darkness)