| The Sarah Jane Adventures|
The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith
|Based on:||The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith|
|Main character(s):||Sarah Jane Smith|
|Main enemy:||The Trickster|
|Main setting:||Ealing, 2009|
|Publisher:||Penguin Character Books|
|Release date:||5 November 2009|
|Format:||Paperback Book, --- Pages|
|The Sarah Jane Adventures novelisations|
|The Day of the Clown||The Nightmare Man|
Publisher's summary Edit
Life on Earth can be an adventure, too. You just need to know where to look.
Sarah Jane is acting very suspiciously. When Luke, Clyde and Rani investigate, with the help of Mr Smith and K-9, they discover something unexpected - Sarah Jane has got a boyfriend and she's going to marry him! Of course, in Sarah Jane's life, things are not as they seem and some very special wedding guests ensure this is one day she will never forget!
- Sarah Jane Smith
- Luke Smith
- Rani Chandra
- Clyde Langer
- Tenth Doctor
- Peter Dalton
- Mr Smith
- The Trickster
- K9 Mark IV
- The Brigadier
To be added
- An image of the Tenth Doctor appears on the cover. This is the first time the Doctor has appeared on the cover of a novel based on a spin-off series (and indeed is the first time he has been featured as a major character in a spin-off book).
- This is also the first time the Doctor has appeared in a novelisation since the revival of the parent series in 2005. This makes The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith the first novelisation of a televised Doctor Who story since the TV Movie was adapted in 1996 (although the last "regular-episode" novelisation was PROSE: The Evil of the Daleks in 1993). A 2004 novelisation of WC: Scream of the Shalka was published as well, though it falls outside regular continuity.
- It also marks the first appearance of the Tenth Doctor in a novel outside BBC Books line, as the Sarah Jane novelisations are published by Penguin Character Books.
- This is the ninth book in the SJA novelisation series, as indicated by the number "9" on the spine. The reason that it is the ninth story novelised, despite the fact that it was not the ninth story broadcast, is some stories have not yet been novelised.
- As of Autumn 2010, this stands as the final SJA novelisation published to date. Two further books (including one featuring the Eleventh Doctor) were announced for publication in November 2010, but were subsequently cancelled. They were later announced as eBooks, although even this method of release was later withdrawn.
Deviations from the Televised Story Edit
- Sarah Jane briefly thinks of Harry Sullivan, who is either dead or M.I.A — she's not entirely sure if he IS dead, or not — (according to some novels which are of ambigious canonuity) believing he would have loved to be at her wedding, and remembering his habit of calling her "old thing".
- The Brigadier appears. Nicholas Courtney never appeared as the Brigadier in The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith due to ill-health. His absence is explained by the character being back in Peru.
To be added