Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Wheel in Space|
|Based on:||The Wheel in Space|
|Main setting:||Space Station W3, the 21st century|
|Publisher:||Target Books, W.H. Allen & Co|
|Release date:||18 August 1988|
|Format:||Hardcover and paperback editions; 18 Chapters, 143 Pages|
|Fury from the Deep||The Dominators|
Publisher's summary Edit
When the TARDIS rematerialises inside a rocket the Doctor and Jamie are alarmed by the presence of a hostile Servo-Robot. They discover that the rocket is drifting in the orbit of a giant space station - the Wheel in Space.
Once inside this magnificent space ship they are bewildered by its complexity and sheer size. The technicians and programmers are highly trained, but who are they working for?
Suspecting the worst, the Doctor is still horrified to find the deadly Cybermen in control. What evil plan are they plotting? Who or what are the Cybermats? Can the Doctor trust anyone on board to help him stop the Wheel as it spins relentlessly through space?
Chapter Titles Edit
- Goodbye to Victoria
- The Unseen Enemy
- Command Decision
- Under Suspicion
- Birth of Terror
- The First Death
- The Trap
- Trojan Horse
- Into Danger
- Cybermat Attack
- Meteor Storm
- Poison in the Air
- Perilous Journey
- The Invasion
- An End and a Beginning
Deviations from televised story Edit
to be added
Writing and publishing notes Edit
- Back Pages include The 1988 Doctor Who 25 Year Bonanza Competition!
- The cover of the original Target Books edition featured the artwork of Ian Burgess.
- With only 23,000 copies printed, the paperback is considered one of the rarer Doctor Who novels. Reportedly a warehouse fire was responsible for there being so few copies. As a result, copies of this book often fetch high prices as collectables.
Additional cover images Edit
to be added
British publication history Edit
- Hardback (March 1988)
- W.H.Allen & Co. Ltd. UK ISBN:0491033567, copies priced £7.95)
- Paperback (August 1988)
- Target / W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. One single paperback edition, estimated print run: 23,000, priced £1.99 (UK).
to be added