Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Wishing Beast|
|Main enemy:||The Wishing Beast|
|Main setting:||An unnamed skull-shaped asteroid|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Gareth Jenkins @ ERS|
|Cover by:||Simon Holub|
|Release date:||July 2007|
|Format:||2 CDs - 3 Episodes|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|Valhalla||The Vanity Box|
Publisher's summary Edit
The Wishing Beast (A Three-Part Story)
What can it mean when the Doctor and Mel are drawn to an asteroid by a message from the strange, elderly Applewhite sisters? The travellers are promised that they will receive their dearest wishes when they enter the frozen forests of this benighted shard of a world. But the ghosts that haunt this place are desperate to warn the Doctor about the sisters' promises. Only the ghosts know the true nature of the legendary Wishing Beast.
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Melanie Bush - Bonnie Langford
- Maria - Jean Marsh
- Eliza - Geraldine Newman
- Ghost/Mildew - Sean Connolly
- Daniel/Ghost Brother - Toby Sawyer
- The Wishing Beast - Toby Longworth
- Female Ghost - Rachel Laurence
to be added
- This CD includes two stories. Rather than the two-disc-four-episode format, there are two stories: The Wishing Beast (three parts) and The Vanity Box (one part), which is also a prequel and sequel to The Wishing Beast.
- An illustrated preview was published in DWM 384 by Martin Geraghty.
- This audio drama was recorded on 14 and 17 May 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- The Doctor and Mel would later encounter the Wishing Beast at an earlier point of its existence in Salford in 1965. (AUDIO: The Vanity Box)
- Official The Wishing Beast page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Wishing Beast at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide