a real world point of view
|The Word Lord|
|Main enemy:||Nobody No-One ("The Word Lord")|
|Main setting:||Ranulph Fiennes Base, Antarctica, 2045|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Steve Foxon|
|Release date:||November 2008|
|Format:||1 X 25 minutes|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|Casualties of War|
Publisher's summary Edit
In a top secret military bunker deep beneath the Antarctic ice a mysterious death threatens peace negotiations and could spell disaster for the inhabitants of Earth. Can the Doctor cross the t's and dot the i's? Or will his efforts get lost in translation?
to be added
- The Seventh Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Ace - Sophie Aldred
- Hex - Philip Olivier
- Commander Claire Spencer - Linda Marlowe
- Nobody No-One - Paul Reynolds
- Captain James Hurst - Andrew Dickens
- Private Fenton - Paul Lincoln
- System - Beth Chalmers
- Star Wars and David Attenborough are still famous in the 2020s.
- McDonald's Happy Meals are still made in the 2020s.
- Claire Spencer has previously met the Doctor, though that encounter has not yet occurred in his personal timeline. She described the Doctor which she met as being "older," indicating that it may have been a future incarnation.
to be added
- The Doctor previously visited Antarctica in December 1986 towards the end of his first incarnation (TV: The Tenth Planet), in the 1970s during his fourth incarnation (TV: The Seeds of Doom) and, earlier in his seventh incarnation, in 2006 (PROSE: Iceberg). He would later visit Antarctica once again in 2012. (AUDIO: Frozen Time)
- The Fifth Doctor and his former companion Tegan Jovanka were involved in the circumstances surrounding System's creation in Brisbane, Australia on 22 September 2006. (AUDIO: The Gathering)
- The Doctor, Ace and Hex would encounter Nobody No-One once again in London in 2026. In the interim, he had regenerated in a manner similar to a Time Lord. (AUDIO: A Death in the Family)