a real world point of view
|The World Shapers|
|Release date:||May 2008|
|Format:||Comic sized paper back 186 pages|
|Doctor Who Magazine graphic novels|
|Voyager (2007 graphic novel)||The Betrothal of Sontar|
- You may be looking for the titular comic story.
The World Shapers was the ninth of Panini Publishing's reprints of Doctor Who Magazine comic strips and the second of two collecting the Sixth Doctor's run. It was published in 2008. Unlike other reprints, such as those in COMIC's Doctor Who Classics — it featured pristine digital restoration of the original monochromatic art.
Publisher's summary Edit
CLASSIC COMIC STRIPS FROM THE PAGES OF DOCTOR WHO MAGAZINE!
More thrilling adventures in time and space for the Sixth Doctor, Peri and their penguin pal Frobisher in this concluding volume of their complete comic strip run from the pages of Doctor Who Magazine!
This book features the following digitally restored stories, reprinted in their original episodic format for the first time: EXODUS, REVELATION!, GENESIS!, NATURE OF THE BEAST, TIME BOMB, SALAD DAZE, CHANGES, PROFITS OF DOOM!, THE GIFT and THE WORLD SHAPERS!
These incredible escapades take our heroes from a world invaded by the terrible Cybermen to a planet obsessed with jazz, via a surreal journey to the heart of the TARDIS itself. But it is on the planet Marinus, a world the Doctor once visited long ago, that he faces his greatest peril – one that even the all-powerful Time Lords refuse to aid him in combating …
Featuring stunning artwork from JOHN RIDGWAY plus scripts from the legendary GRANT MORRISON (Batman:Arkham Asylum, Doom Patrol, The Invisibles), JAMIE DELANO (Hellblazer), SIMON FURMAN (Transformers), MIKE COLLINS (Star Trek) and ALAN McKENZIE (2000 AD).
AN ESSENTIAL COLLECTION FOR FANS OF DOCTOR WHO AND CLASSIC BRITISH COMICS!
Comic stories Edit
- Nature of the Beast
- Time Bomb
- Salad Daze
- Profits of Doom
- The Gift
- The World Shapers
Additional features Edit
- Mock interview with Frobisher. (reprinted)
- About the Authors
- Project editor and designer: Clayton Hickman
- Scanning & digital cleanup: Peri Godbold, DL Repro
- Cover artwork by Mike Collins
- Cover inks by David A. Roach
- Cover colours by James Offredi
- Head of Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
- This volume contains one hundred eighty-six high quality black and white printed pages and a new cover by Mike Collins. It is priced at £15.99 (UK).