|The Year of Intelligent Tigers|
|Main enemy:||Hitchemus Tigers, Hitchemus colonists|
|Main setting:||Port Any, Hitchemus, 22nd century|
|Release date:||4 June 2001|
|Format:||Paperback Book; 18 Chapters, 288 Pages|
|BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures|
|Eater of Wasps||The Slow Empire|
Publisher's summary Edit
"Doctor!" said Anji. This couldn't be happening, he couldn't just walk out on them! "Look, give them a chance, they're frightened, they're only —"
"Human?" The Doctor took a deep breath, as though to stop himself from saying anything more. "Now, stay!"
The weather is going to hell. The tigers are coming to town. And the Doctor has taken his violin and vanished.
The island world of Hitchemus is home to a colony of musicians and seemingly harmless alien animals. When the storms and the tigers break loose, the Doctor tries to protect the humans — but the humans don't want him. When he ventures into the wilderness in search of the tigers' secrets, Fitz and Anji find themselves on their own, trying to prevent a war.
With both sides eager for blood, and hurricanes on the horizon, the Doctor must decide whether this time he's on the side of the human race.
- Eighth Doctor
- Fitz Kreiner
- Anji Kapoor
- Karl Sadeghi
- Ajamu Quick
- Besma Grieve
- Hitchemus Tigers:
- The sonic screwdriver is mentioned.
- The Vocoder is used by the Hitchemus tigers to enable them to create speech.
- Gidi and Lvan are Earth colonies. Chi Bootis is the closest Earth colony to Hitchemus.
- The Doctor mentions Lorenzo Smitt and Felix Pink as people he knows that have died.
- This book is also available as an ebook from the Amazon Kindle store.
- BBC Books announced that a "print on demand" reprint edition of this novel would be made available as of 30 September 2011 as the imprint revisited adventures featuring the first eight Doctors.
- Power mad triplets (PROSE: EarthWorld) and killer wasps (PROSE: Eater of Wasps) are mentioned.
- Fitz remembers Maddy and living in 1967 from PROSE: Revolution Man.
- The Doctor carries a picture of Miranda in his wallet. (PROSE: Father Time)
- The Doctor's hair grows faster than that of a human. (PROSE: Fear Itself)
- Fitz uses his name of Fitz Fortune. (PROSE: EarthWorld)
- The Year of Intelligent Tigers at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Year of Intelligent Tigers at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: The Year of Intelligent Tigers