The Yes Men was the first story of the second series of The Early Adventures, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Simon Guerrier, narrated by Anneke Wills and Frazer Hines and featured the Second Doctor, Ben Jackson, Polly Wright and Jamie McCrimmon.
It was notable for being the first full cast audio story to feature Ben Jackson being portrayed by Elliot Chapman, taking on the role from Michael Craze, who had died in 1998.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Doctor, Jamie, Polly and Ben arrive on New Houston, an Earth colony in the Fourth Sector, which the Doctor previously saved from an alien invasion. He wishes to pay his respects to his late friend Meg Carvossa, but something is not quite right with New Houston's subservient robots...
to be added
- Polly Wright/Narrator - Anneke Wills
- Jamie McCrimmon/The Doctor - Frazer Hines
- Ben Jackson - Elliot Chapman
- Harriet Quilp - Lizzie McInnerny
- The Yes Men - Stephen Critchlow
- Nesca Bangate - Timothy Speyer
- The President - Jane Slavin
- The Doctor recalls visiting New Houston in his first incarnation, with his companion Dodo.
- Ben says that his father died of a heart attack.
- Jamie and Polly compare the Yes Men to the Daleks and Cybermen.
- Jamie, Ben and Polly play a game of football.
- Jamie teaches the Yes Men his battle cry "Creag an tuire".
- Meg's house contains 30th century furniture.
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- Speaking in the extras, writer Simon Guerrier cites influences from the film The Third Man and The War Machines.
- The Mim once attempted to invade New Houston. (AUDIO: The Tub Full of Cats et al)
- Jamie has a vision of participating in the Battle of Culloden in 1745. (TV: The Highlanders)
- Ben is forced to relive his experience against the Daleks on Vulcan. (TV: The Power of the Daleks)
- The TARDIS has a fast return switch. (TV: The Edge of Destruction)
- The Doctor is trying to return Polly and Ben to 1966. (TV: The Faceless Ones)
- The Doctor says that Dodo left him because she had enough of travelling. (TV: The War Machines)