Opening narration box
The Doctor and Donna are prisoners of the fearsome Zantraan Queen ...
Before killing the Doctor and Donna, who are being held in an isolation bubble, the Zantraan decides to test what the Doctor has told her about the scout mutations. She orders a guard to leave its body and take over the Doctor. The guard obeys and for a moment the Doctor undergoes a mutation, but the Zantraan guard is overcome by a smell coming from a blue cheese baguette in Donna's pocket, and has to leave the sphere.
The Doctor makes a hole in the sphere with his sonic screwdriver and, as the germs escape, spreading panic amongst the queen and her people, the Doctor takes over the controls and lands the mothership on a remote farm. On opening the doors they are "greeted" by pigs.
The Zantraan are overwhelmed by the smell and and disgusted by the animals. They accept the Doctor's help fixing the ship's drives and sending it back to Zantrah, where the plague should have died out. Half an hour later the Doctor and Donna realise they are some five hundred miles from the TARDIS, which was left in Paris.
to be added
- Supporting the series of collectiable Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page comic strip of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The limitation of only four pages meant that stories often lacked depth compared to other regular comic strips running at the same time.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with "props" from the TV series: blue/brown suit, sonic screwdriver, psychic paper and his intelligent glasses.
Original print details
- 4/4 DWBIT 48 (4 pages) THE END
- No reprints to date.
to be added