|The Zygon Who Fell to Earth|
|Main setting:||Kendal, England, 1984|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Andy Hardwick and Gareth Jenkins|
|Cover by:||Grant Kempster|
|Release date:||June 2008|
|Eighth Doctor Adventures|
|Grand Theft Cosmos||Sisters of the Flame|
The Zygon Who Fell to Earth was the sixth release of the second series of Big Finish Productions' Eighth Doctor Adventures audio stories. This audio featured "Aunty" Pat who first appeared in Horror of Glam Rock. This was the first audio story to feature Zygons since BBV's 2001 project The Barnacled Baby. Steven Pacey, who plays Trevor in this story, is possibly better known for his role as Del Tarrant in Blake's 7.
Publisher's summary Edit
There are no monsters this time... are there?
Ten years later and Aunty Pat is in her prime. She's snagged herself an ex rock star at the Kendal Folk Festival and now, in the brave new world of the early 1980s they manage together a snazzy hotel on the poetic and shingly shore of Lake Grasmere. However, still waters run deep and friends from the past are returning, intent on milking the old cash-cow...
Featuring the song "Falling Star" sung by Steven Pacey with music by Tim Sutton and lyrics by Barnaby Edwards.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Lucie Miller - Sheridan Smith
- Trevor - Steven Pacey
- Urtak - Malcolm Stoddard
- Mims - Tim Brooke-Taylor
- Aunty Pat - Lynsey Hardwick
- Grakus - Katarina Olsson
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor is surprised when "Lucie" drinks vodka by the pint, and later brandy.
- The Doctor helped William Wordsworth write some of his poems, and quotes them.
- The Doctor mentions newscaster Trevor McDonald.
- The Zygons need to be near a Skarasen in order to feed.
- The Doctor hoped that the Skarasen would be "off visiting his Scottish Pal."
- The song "Falling Star" is sung by Steven Pacey, with music by Tim Sutton and lyrics by Barnaby Edwards.
- Following its release on CD, this story was broadcast in the UK on BBC Radio 7 on 23 November 2008, the forty-fifth anniversary of Doctor Who.
- This audio drama was recorded on 17 August 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- This was the first Big Finish audio drama to feature the Zygons.
- Auntie Pat last appeared in AUDIO: Horror of Glam Rock. This story explains that the Auntie Pat who Lucie knew in her past (before she began travelling with the Doctor) was actually a Zygon copy.
- The Doctor recalls his previous encounters with the Zygons in Scotland in the 1970s and London in 1894. (TV: Terror of the Zygons; PROSE: The Bodysnatchers)
- Official The Zygon Who Fell to Earth page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Zygon Who Fell to Earth at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide