a real world point of view
|Throwback: The Soul of a Cyberman|
|Main enemy:||Mondas Cybermen|
|Artist:||Paul Neary and David Lloyd|
|Colourist:||No credit given |
(DW84 2 & 3)
|Letterer:||No credit given|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who Weekly Issues 5-7|
|Release date:||14 November-28 November 1979|
|Format:||B&W 3 parts / 12 pages|
|DWM backup comic stories|
|Return of the Daleks||The Final Quest|
On the planet Mondaran, Willoway leads the rebels against the Cybermen, conquerors of the planet. Reinforcements are called from Telos, including Junior Cyber-Leader Kroton. Following his capture and interrogation, Willoway dies. Kroton is 'puzzled' by his sacrifice and tracks down his daughter Marilka and the rebel lover Pendar. When the rebels are betrayed by the businessman Zarek, Kroton helps Pendar escape and takes him away from the city. Suspecting Kroton's erratic behaviour, the Cyber-Leader tracks them down. Turning against the Cybermen, Kroton helps the rebels escape to the safety of the Forests of Lom, then removes the craft and takes it into space. Without fuel, batteries drained and unable to return, Kroton drifts on.
to be added
- Part One of this back up strip is introduced by the Fourth Doctor.
- The second edition of aHistory arbitrarily dates this story to 2520, as it is set in a time when the Cybermen are based on Telos, but this is changed in the third edition to 2502 (also an arbitrary date), as it has to take place before Telos is destroyed.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWM 5 (4 pages) More thrilling action next week!
- DWM 6 (4 pages) Does this spell the end for Kroton the Cyberman? See Next Week!
- DWM 7 (4 pages) Another thrilling new adventure story next week!
to be added