|Main character(s):||Emily Chaudhry, Robert Dalton|
|Featuring:||The Brigadier, Will Hoffman, Francis Currie|
|Main setting:||England, the 2000s|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Writer:||Iain McLaughlin & Claire Bartlett|
|Cover by:||Red Ink|
|Release date:||December 2004|
|Format:||1 episode on 1 CD|
|The Coup||Snake Head|
Publisher's summary Edit
The UK branch of UNIT is under threat. The Government wants its own military investigative organisation, one under its sole control. The public want answers to the strange things that have been happening recently.
When the division's commanding officer goes missing whilst transporting a dangerous cargo, Colonel Emily Chaudhry, UNIT's political officer, is thrown in at the deep end. Things are not helped when a series of accidents show a bizarre pattern.
The Brigadier, meanwhile, is trying to enjoy his retirement — but it seems it is time again for him to come to the rescue.
to be added
- Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart - Nicholas Courtney
- Colonel Emily Chaudhry - Siri O'Neal
- Colonel Robert Dalton - Nicholas Deal
- Lieutenant Will Hoffman - Robert Curbishley
- Captain Dodds - Matthew Brenher
- Francis Currie - Michael Hobbs
- UNIT has a higher mortality rate than the British Army.
- Dalton has been involved in a British Army operation in Syria.
- Hoffman has served two tours in Rwanda and a tour in Chechnya.
- The Brigadier thinks his wife would disapprove of his involvement with UNIT.
- Bernard thinks Meade could become as well known as Einstein, Newton and Brunel if his experiment goes successfully.
- Bernard says that Albert Einstein was able to 'pull' Marilyn Monroe.
- Bernard does not want other countries to respond to their discoveries as they did to the H-Bomb.
Pop Culture Edit
- Bernard compares the matter transportation experiments to Star Trek.
- Dalton compares the corpse to Mickey Mouse.
- This audio drama was recorded on 7 August 2004.
- The idea of a train transported through time with its passengers all dead would be explored again in the audio story Time Tunnel.
- Colonel Dalton reads files covering the London Underground Incident (TV: The Web of Fear) and the Inferno Project (TV: Inferno).
- Francis Currie mentions a mutilated Kosovan found washed ashore at Foulness Island. (AUDIO: Snake Head)
- The Brigadier is looking for Colonel Brimmicombe-Wood. (AUDIO: The Wasting)