|Companion(s):||Nyssa, Thomas Brewster|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Simon Robinson|
|Cover by:||Grant Kempster|
|Release date:||September 2008|
|Format:||3 Episodes on 2 CDs|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|Kingdom of Silver||A Perfect World|
Time Reef was the one hundred and thirteenth monthly Doctor Who audio release produced by Big Finish Productions. It was a three part story and middle of the trilogy featuring the grouping of the Fifth Doctor, Nyssa and Thomas Brewster.
Publisher's summary Edit
A curse on this damned reef — and curse the Doctor who brought us here!
Drawn by the siren call of a distress beacon, the TARDIS crash-lands on an uncharted time reef. However, the Doctor, Nyssa and Brewster are not the only mariners marooned on this barren rock. Commander Gammades and his crew of returning war heroes have been similarly shipwrecked, as has the beautiful but mysterious Lady Vuyoki.
But there's something else here, too. A thing of darkness which crawls blindly across the surface of the reef hunting for prey: the Ruhk.
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Nyssa - Sarah Sutton
- Thomas Brewster - John Pickard
- Commander Gammades - Nicholas Farrell
- Lady Vuyoki - Beth Chalmers
- The Ruhk - Sean Biggerstaff
- Lucor - Sean Connolly
- While the TARDIS was in his possession, Brewster passed himself off as the Doctor.
- The Ruhk is a blind avian lifeform from another dimension which the crew of the Gamma believes feeds on carrion.
- Brewster sold the crew of the Gamma the TARDIS' fault locator, conceptual geometer, food machine and power lens unit.
- The Doctor uses baler twine to help make his way through the TARDIS.
- From the Doctor and Nyssa's perspective, five months have passed since Brewster stole the TARDIS and marooned them in 1867. (AUDIO: The Haunting of Thomas Brewster)
- The Doctor notes that the TARDIS' food machine (TV: The Daleks), fault locator (TV: The Edge of Destruction) and conceptual geometer (TV: The Horns of Nimon) are all missing.
- Official Time Reef page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Time Reef at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide