Publisher's summary Edit
The solar system is being spring-cleaned, to improve its feng shui and attract big business back to the long-abandoned seat of Earth's empire. Celebrity decoratiste Aristotle Halcyon is heading the campaign of controlled demolition. Having swept away the Asteroid Belt and the Oort Cloud, he now plans to make Jupiter more aesthetically pleasing by removing scores of "unnecessary" moons.
But the ancient satellites hold deadly secrets, as the Doctor, Fitz and Trix soon discover. With eco-terrorists planning sabotage, corrupt officials lining their own pockets and sinister forces acting on their own agendas, only the Doctor sees that millions of innocents have been set on the fast track to bloody, unbridled destruction...
- Eighth Doctor
- Fitz Kreiner
- Aristotle Halcyon
- Arnauld Klimt
- Cinnamin Tinya
- Gaws Murphy
- Robart Falsh
- Salsa Sook
- The Icthal are humanoid aliens with grey skin.
- Chiggocks are genetically engineered food animals.
- Hidehogs are engineered animals used to produce leather.
- Halcyon sold rocks from the Oort cloud to Kilomons and Draconians.
- Among the Ancient Twelve moons of Jupiter which were not supposed to be demolished were Ananke, Callisto, Carme, Lysithea and Sinope. Not included were Callirrhoe, Leda and Thebe.
- Falsh Industries contracted with Blazar Demolition Services for the demolition of Jupiter's unnecessary moons. When Carme was destroyed to cover up the illegal weapons research being done there, Falsh Industries convinced Blazar to take the blame. The contract was then cancelled and awarded to NewSystem Deconstruction, a secret subsidiary of Falsh Industries.
- They developed the FILOC-P, or Falsh Industries Luxury Orbiting Conference Podules.
- Aristotle Halcyon's demonstration of the Endless Cupboard was cosponsored by Falsh Industries, Anghelic Systems and Chasric Interfaces at Callisto’s Medicean Stadium. Cinnamin Tinya had animals from the Ganymede Zoo brought there to enliven the event.
- Halcytone was an offshoot of Arnauld Klimt's research creating the space slugs.
to be added
- When Fitz uses the PadPad, he uses images from PROSE: The Fall of Yquatine, Sometime Never... and Parallel 59.
- Fitz remembers the events of PROSE: Interference - Book One and Interference - Book Two.
- Fitz mentions that he visited Farside Station. (PROSE: Fear Itself)
- Trix mentions Welwyn Borr. (PROSE: The Tomorrow Windows)
- The Doctor tells Robart Falsh that he may have been able to resist the effects of Halcytone because he could not see the colour violet. Either he was joking, or he has been unable to perceive that colour since Griffin removed that ability. (PROSE: Unnatural History)
- The Discontinuity Guide to: To the Slaughter at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: To the Slaughter