Tragedy Day was the twenty-fourth New Adventures novel. It was written by Gareth Roberts, who had previously written the New Adventures novel The Highest Science and would write another New Adventure novel and four more Missing Adventure novels. This novel featured the Seventh Doctor, Bernice Summerfield and Ace.
Publisher's summary Edit
Tomorrow, Tragedy Day. Tomorrow, total control.
But this year, something is different. Hideous creatures infest the waters around an island that doesn't officially exist. Assassins arrive to carry out a killing that may endanger the entire universe. A being known as the Supreme One tests horrific weapons. And a secret order of monks observes the growing chaos.
Five minutes after they arrive on Olleril, the TARDIS crew know they want to leave. But Ace is imprisoned in a sinister refugee camp, and Bernice and the Doctor are in the custody of a brutal police gang. There is no way out.
to be added
- Seventh Doctor
- Bernice Summerfield
- Friars of Pangloss
- Richard Nemmun
- Ernie "Eight-Legs" McCartney
- Amm Piering
- Dulcia Joliff
- George Lipton
- Elena Salcha
- Harry Landis
- Howard Devor
- Paul Wilkinson
- Jeff Shrubb
- Joan Cale
- Meredith Morgan
- Metin Kenniter
- Maurice Taylor
- Richard Nemmun
- Richud Danner
- Wendy Clifton
- Tom Jakovv
- Robert Clifton
- Triss Laughline
- Olleril (Marshal)
Astronomical objects Edit
- Olleril is located in the Pristatrek Galaxy.
- The Doctor has experience at delivering babies.
- Forgwyn had read Artificial Intelligences: The Moral Dilemma.
The Doctor's items Edit
Foods and beverages Edit
- The Doctor claims that he delivered Genghis Khan.
- The Doctor claims that he has never met Henry VIII, but that he did meet Mary, Queen of Scots.
- Empire City is Olleril's largest city.
- The Empire Clarion is an Olleril newspaper.
- Empirica is a nation on Olleril.
- Meredith Morgan was hired to kill the Doctor on Frinjel 87.
- The Vijjans are the native people of Olleril.
- Spindizzy's and Yumm's are bars in Empire City.
- Ernie McCartney is the most feared assassin in the Seventh Quadrant.
- Tragedy Day was celebrated in Lerthin Square.
- Luminus is a cult which secretly controls Olleril.
- The shelf containing the Bibles of Pangloss was made from timber carted from the groves of Knassos.
Olleril locations Edit
- Agrave is the home of sline lizards and aaglon sharks.
- Avax is the island home of a Vijjan tribe.
- Daisycombe Park is located on the south side of Empire City.
- Fresta is a nation on Olleril.
- Funland is an amusement park on Olleril.
- Quantern was a group of rebels.
- Vijja is a nation on Olleril.
- Yuvador is the site of guerrilla activity.
- The Vijjan Liberation League sympathised with the plight of the Vijjans.
- Riftet Insurance was a business on Olleril.
- Toplex Sanitation was a front for Luminus.
- The Friars of Pangloss were three immortal beings that ruled Pangloss.
- Morgan killed the Prime Motivator of the Rullian Confederacy.
- Tyack's Fittings was a business on Olleril.
- Fancy That was a popular music group.
- The Doctor defeated Luminus on Argos.
- Automatic carriers were used in a border conflict on Eferun.
- Pangloss is a galaxy ruled by the Friars of Pangloss.
- Meredith once killed fifty-nine people in two hours on Phlanji.
- Quique and Rexel were visible from Olleril.
- The Celebroid Doctor suggests going to Zeraticus 2 for a holiday.
- A psychotronic generator generates waves of psychic energy.
- The hull of Morgan's ship is made of jauxite.
- Celebroids are robot duplicates.
- The Doctor constructs a Triton T80 to sabotage Crispin's plans.
- Morgan once took an assignment on Kallak 56.
- Slaags are genetically engineered creatures created from sline lizards and aaglon sharks.
Television series Edit
- Television series on Olleril include Whittaker's Harbour, Martha and Arthur, and Captain Millennium.
Time Lords Edit
- Pandorastrumnelliahanfloriana developed a theory regarding the psychic abilities of the Friars of Pangloss.
- The Doctor claims that he has never met Henry VIII. However, he has been described or depicted as meeting him on at least three previous occasions in his personal timeline. (TV: The Sensorites, PROSE: God Send Me Well to Keep, AUDIO: Recorded Time)
- Bernice mentions Rhoos, a planet which does not exist. (PROSE: The Playthings of Fo)
- Prelude to Tragedy Day as published in DWM210
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Tragedy Day at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Tragedy Day