This article is written from a real world point of view
|Companion(s):||Sarah Jane Smith|
|Main enemy:||The Kalik|
|Main setting:||London, 1990|
Graham S. Brand
|Printed in:||Doctor Who Magazine 159-161|
|Release date:||April - June 1990|
|Format:||Comic - 3 parts|
|DWM comic stories|
|Stairway to Heaven||Doctor Conkerer|
- The Seventh Doctor provides an explanation to why Ace is absent, revealing he has left her in the Cretaceous period.
- This was the first strip in the magazine to be edited by John Freeman, although John had edited the rest of the content of the magazine since Issue 137. The strip had previously been edited by Richard Starkings.
- Train-Flight has minor links with following stories building to the Mandragora storyline.
- Elisabeth Sladen was paid the princely sum of £40 as an "appearance fee".
- The Doctor and Sarah Jane share a hug in this story as the Doctor apologises for the way he abandoned her on Earth, though Sarah Jane would continue to hold this against him in School Reunion. However, School Reunion also appears to contradict this story, as it is implied in onscreen dialogue that Sarah and the Doctor had not met since The Hand of Fear (Sarah remarks on the Doctor's regeneration, and he confirms that there had been six regenerations between when they had last met and now).