|Companion(s):||Sarah Jane Smith|
|Main enemy:||The Kalik|
|Main setting:||London, 1990|
Graham S. Brand
|Printed in:||Doctor Who Magazine 159-161|
|Release date:||April - June 1990|
|Format:||Comic - 3 parts|
|DWM comic stories|
|Stairway to Heaven||Doctor Conkerer|
|Seventh Doctor comic stories|
- The Doctor says that Oscar Peterson is playing at the Hall.
- This was the first strip in the magazine to be edited by John Freeman, although John had edited the rest of the content of the magazine since Issue 137. The strip had previously been edited by Richard Starkings.
- The story has minor links with following stories building to the Mandragora storyline.
- Elisabeth Sladen was paid the sum of £40 as an "appearance fee".
- The Doctor and Sarah Jane share a hug in this story as the Doctor apologises for the way he abandoned her on Earth, (TV: The Hand of Fear) something School Reunion contradicts: it is implied in onscreen dialogue that Sarah and the Doctor had not met since The Five Doctors, as Sarah remarks on the Doctor's regeneration, and he claims that he has undergone six regenerations since they last met.
- The Doctor claims that Ace is "back in the Cretaceous period treading on butterflies or something." The Doctor would later pick her up in Living in the Past.
- Sarah refers to K9. (TV: A Girl's Best Friend)