Trapped in the Pages of History was a Doctor Who Adventures comic strip published in 2011.
Journalist Ken Froggit is researching late in the Bodleian Library in Oxford. The book he is reading starts talking to him. From within its pages, the voice of the Doctor tells him to run as a many tentacled creature appears in the room with him!
Meanwhile, the Doctor, Amy Pond and Rory Williams are trying to escape from the American Civil War in Gettysburg 1863. "Calling" Ken on the Index-Jump, a device he has rigged up, the Doctor warns Ken he has to keep moving; the creature is a Buukvirm which now has his scent. The Doctor needs Ken to find a book called Rise of the Tudors and place the talking book he has on top of it — quickly! Once the two books come in contact the Doctor, Amy and Rory escape the civil War and find themselves instead in the middle of the Battle of Bosworth Field in 1485.
Trapped inside a virtual reality inside a book, by the Buukvirm, Ken had unwittingly moved a book just as the Doctor and his friends were passing through, leaving them stuck. The Doctor's next jump takes him to Olympia, London in 1936 and around page 53 of a History of the Metropolitan Police, a real police box, a close enough mock-up of the TARDIS to make the link back to reality. As the TARDIS returns to the real world, the Buukvirm is about to snack on Ken, but a neat throw of a lasso and with the Index-Jump fired up, Ken is saved and the Buukvirm is trapped inside Padget's History of the Tea Bag — a new addition to the TARDIS library! Ken is left to clean himself up and get on with writing his bestseller...
- The Doctor, Amy Pond and Rory Williams find themselves in various conflicts in human history including the American Civil War (Gettysburg 1863) and the Battle of Bosworth Field (1485).
- The Buukvirm is a play on the words "book worm".
- The Bodleian Library is the main research library of the University of Oxford and one of the oldest libraries in Europe.
Original print details
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 241 (4 pages) NEW ADVENTURE NEXT TIME!
- No reprints to date.
to be added