The Doctor enters the Forge. Several times security guards try to stop him, but the Doctor soon realises that he is being herded somewhere — doors close behind him and open ahead of him.
The Doctor finds a man connected to Oracle and realises it is Nimrod. The Doctor, appalled by what Nimrod has done, offers him a choice — he gives him a syringe with the Twilight cure. Nimrod can decide whether he wants to cure himself or not.
- The Forge's base can withstand the combined forces of the Dalek, Slarvian, and Cyber empires.
- The doors in the Forge's base are made of Huldran ore.
- A reading of the story by Beth Chalmers was released free to subscribers whose subscriptions included Rat Trap.
- On 29 September 2017, this story was made available for general release as part of the Short Trips Rarities range, with a new cover by Tom Saunders.
- The Doctor and Nimrod refer to the events of AUDIO: Project: Twilight and Project: Lazarus.
- Nimrod is aware of over a dozen different incarnations of the Doctor, including: the one that worked for UNIT, the one with long brown hair, the young blond encountered by James Clarke, (AUDIO: The Gathering) the original Lazarus, (AUDIO: Project: Twilight, Project: Lazarus) the short scruffy one encountered by Charles Crichton, (TV: The Five Doctors) and the Seventh Doctor.
- The Forge's base is fortified against Cybermen. (PROSE: Project: Valhalla, AUDIO: Project: Destiny)