|Twilight of the Gods|
|Featuring:||Jason, Clarence, Chris|
|Writer:||Mark Clapham & Jon de Burgh Miller|
|Release date:||2 December, 1999|
|Format:||Paperback Book, 242 Pages|
Bernice Summerfield New Adventures
|The Joy Device||The Dead Men Diaries|
- You may be looking for the Second Doctor novel.
Publisher's summary Edit
"Oh, why not," Benny said. "After all, I've died before and it never did me any harm then."
The once peaceful planet of Dellah lies in ruins. The god-like beings who infest the place have lured the inhabitants into holy wars, suicide cults and genocidal pogroms. As they run out of victims, the deities plan to invade more planets — and other races are preparing pre-emptive strikes to stop them. Humankind's small sector of the galaxy is about to become the battleground of leviathans.
There is just one hope. Professor Bernice Summerfield is, surprisingly, alive and well. And she's coming home. Bernice and her friends are determined to dispose of the gods once and for all — at any cost.
to be added
Colleges and universities Edit
- Benny ends up working at the university of Vremmya.
- Benny and Chris have a toast to dead friends: Chris - Roz Forrester, Bernice - Clarence.
- Bernice receives a message from Christine Summerfield.
- Wolsey is with Bernice as she settles in at her new university.
- Emile Mars-Smith is working for Braxiatel.
- Jason Kane dreams of electric gerbils (possibly a reference to the Pakhar) and is also captured and held prisoner by the Ferutu.
- Benny mentions her trip to Heaven.
- The Ferutu are revealed to be the Dellahn gods.
- The Time Lords planned to launch a Doomsday Probe and wipe out Dellah and everything in that corner of the galaxy to remove the god problem.
- According to Braxiatel, his "former people" (the Time Lords) have retreated into their bottle universe, and the People are locked inside their sphere.
- Braxiatel provides the ship Benny and the others use to dimension hop the planet Dellah.
Time travel Edit
- Bernice has about five years wiped off her age by a temporal blast (aging her backwards along her temporal timeline).
- Chris Cwej is hit by a Ferutu temporal blast and aged backward along his timeline to age thirteen.
- Clarence is killed; the Ferutu age him backward along his timeline, back beyond when he was the !C-Mel, and backwards further into non-existence.
- This is the final Virgin Bernice Summerfield New Adventures. Peter Darvill-Evans notes in an afterword that it would be his last as editor (and might be the last for a while).
- The line is continued by Big Finish Productions as part of the Big Finish Bernice Summerfield series.
- The Ferutu first appeared in PROSE: Cold Fusion.
- Benny visited Heaven and met the Doctor in PROSE: Love and War.
- Christine Summerfield got out into the "real" universe in PROSE: Dead Romance.