|Twilight of the Gods|
|Release date:||19 September 1996|
|Format:||Paperback Book; 33 Chapters, 299 Pages|
|Virgin Missing Adventures|
|The Shadow of Weng-Chiang||Speed of Flight|
- You may be looking for the Bernice Summerfield novel.
Twilight of the Gods was the twenty-sixth novel in the Virgin Missing Adventures series. It was written by Christopher Bulis, and featured the Second Doctor, Jamie McCrimmon, and Victoria Waterfield. This was the first time the Second Doctor returned to Vortis, although the First Doctor had returned to the planet a few times during the 1960s with John and Gillian (COMIC: On the Web Planet) and in two stories in the The Dr Who Annual (1966).
Publisher's summary Edit
- "They're Menoptera," the Doctor exclaimed, "and this must be Vortis! But why are you treating them like this? They're a peaceful people, not slaves! What's been happening here?"
Many years have passed since the Doctor's first visit to the Web Planet, and he finds a very different world from the one he knew; a world now embroiled in a bitter interplanetary war between the opposing factions of a divided race.
To restore peace, the Doctor must first resolve a deadly ideological conflict, solve the paradox of the nature of life on Vortis, and finally confront the Gods of Light themselves.
As the stakes are raised, can the Doctor contain the ancient terror that threatens to devastate an entire star system?
to be added
- Second Doctor
- Jamie McCrimmon
- Victoria Waterfield
- Father Modeenus
- Commander Coroth
- Lord Kai Shallvar
- Captain-Commander Draga-three
The Doctor's items Edit
Solar systems Edit
- Vortis has drifted into the neighbouring Rhumos system.
The TARDIS Edit
- The TARDIS wardrobe contains everything from prehistoric furs through to 20th century attire and beyond.
- This story is a sequel to the television story The Web Planet.
- This is the Doctor's fifth visit to Vortis. The First Doctor visited Vortis four times; (PROSE: The Lost Ones, TV: The Web Planet, PROSE: The Lair of Zarbi Supremo and COMIC: On the Web Planet) the Fourth Doctor later returned to the planet (COMIC: The Naked Flame) as did the Fifth Doctor. (AUDIO: Return to the Web Planet)
- Victoria talks about her late father, Edward Waterfield, and the dramatic change that came over him after meeting Theodore Maxtible. (TV: The Evil of the Daleks)
- The Doctor reminds Jamie that they walked on the Moon in 2070. (TV: The Moonbase)
- In the hundreds of year since the First Doctor defeated the Animus, most of Vortis' vegetation has regrown. (TV: The Web Planet)
- Twilight of the Gods at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Twilight of the Gods at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Twilight of the Gods