|Twilight of the Silurians|
|Main setting:||a remote zoological research station and the Silurian capital city, Earth|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who Weekly Issues 21-22|
|Release date:||5 March-12 March 1980|
|Format:||B&W 2 parts / 8 pages|
|DWM backup comic stories|
|Abslom Daak... Dalek Killer||Ship of Fools|
At a Silurian zoological research station, Velk is unimpressed by Nagara and Guruz’s display of the captive apes and of his attempts to force pre-human apes to learn and display intelligence. He is more concerned with a call to all Silurians to take to the shelters to avoid the predicted collision with of Earth and its planetary neighbour.
Kin, leader of the apes, strangles Guruz in response to another beating. Nagura returns to set the Apes free. Believing the Apes to be thanking him for the discipline he offered them, he accepts a woven headband like Kin's. Only when the headband is in place does he realise his third eye is blocked by a stone at the front and he is powerless. The apes exact their revenge for their brutal captivity.
- Bipedal dinosaurs are used as mounts
- Wild apes use clubs and missiles (stones) to attack. Social organisation is relatively new to wild apes.
- The Moon is classed as a large planetoid. Dissenting views are that will pass away from the Earth
- the Scientific Council
- This back up strip was, as usual, introduced by the Fourth Doctor.
- An editor's note dedicated the story to the late Malcolm Hulke.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- Coloured and reprinted by Marvel in DW84 18.
to be added