Up Above the Gods was a Sixth Doctor comic strip published in Doctor Who Magazine in 1995, during a period in which the DWM comics featured past Doctors. However, the story tied-in to the Seventh Doctor comic story Emperor of the Daleks! released two years previously. It was set between the first and fourth parts of Emperor of the Daleks!
The title was derived from a conversation in Genesis of the Daleks and this strip acted as a continuation of that debate.
Having rescued Davros from his creations on Skaro in his TARDIS, the Doctor offers him an army of Daleks, with the possibility that they be lifted from their obsession with mindless universal domination.
to be added
- Illustrations of the Sixth Doctor from this comic were adapted for use in the webcast Real Time.
- This is the last DWM comic to feature the Sixth Doctor except in flashbacks or imaginary stories like Happy Deathday.
- The title comes from a line in one of Davros' monologues in the television story Genesis of the Daleks.
- This story and Emperor of the Daleks set up the television story Remembrance of the Daleks.
- The Doctor last encountered Davros in TV: Revelation of the Daleks.
- The Doctor and Davros are in the cloisters last seen in TV: Logopolis.
- The Doctor mentions a planet where an army of thousands of Daleks lies frozen. (TV: Planet of the Daleks)
- While Peri isn't present, she is probably in the TARDIS, based on the scenes that come before this story.
- Davros states that the Kaleds were at war for centuries. (TV: Genesis of the Daleks)