|Main enemy:||The time fungus|
|Main setting:||10 Downing Street, London, July 1900|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Music:||Richard Fox & Lauren Yason|
|Sound:||Richard Fox & Lauren Yason|
|Read by:||Maureen O'Brien|
|Cover by:||Anthony Lamb|
|Release date:||12 September 2013|
|Format:||2 Parts, 1 CD|
|The Companion Chronicles|
|The Alchemists||Ghost in the Machine|
Publisher's summary Edit
However alien forces are at play here, affecting the very fabric of the building... and adjusting the very essence of history itself.
Dust and Death (1) Edit
to be added
Dust and Empire (2) Edit
to be added
- Vicki Pallister - Maureen O'Brien
- Steven Taylor - Peter Purves
- Bartholomew - Maureen O'Brien (BFX: Upstairs)
- Maids - Maureen O'Brien (BFX: Upstairs)
- After seeing seven chair legs in the attic, Vicki wonders if there were wooden androids in Victorian London. However, she does not ask the Doctor if this was the case as she thought that it was probably something that she was supposed to already know.
- Vicki refers to her former travelling companions Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright.
- 10 Downing Street was badly built on shallow foundations by a crooked speculator, Sir George Downing, in the 1680s.
- The Doctor tells Steven and Vicki that William Pitt the Younger, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, died at the age of 46 in the early 19th century while Steven reads that another Prime Minister, George Canning, died in office in 1827.
- That morning, Steven ate bacon and eggs from the TARDIS' food machine.
- The food machine rearranges molecular deconstructed fungus into whatever delicacy was ordered.
- Lord Salisbury was the Prime Minister in July 1900. He was the last Prime Minister who refused to use 10 Downing Street as his official home. He instead allowed his nephew Arthur Balfour to use it. Balfour later became Prime Minister himself.
- The Doctor knows a Comanche war-cry.
- Steven introduces the Doctor to two parlour maids as "the Archbishop."
- The Doctor tells Mr Bartholomew that "Lord Steven" is a member of the Marylebone Cricket Club.
- The Doctor tells Steven and Vicki that every empire in the history of the galaxy has eventually collapsed.
- Vicki recalls being rescued from Dido in 2493 by the Doctor, Ian and Barbara. (TV: The Rescue)
- During his ninth incarnation, the Doctor once again visited 10 Downing Street in September 2006. (TV: Aliens of London)