Jon Pertwee as Doctoru-SanEdit
I only discovered Doctor who thanks to the incomparable PBS station KTEH which used to show an episode every weeknight at 7. The Silurians was the first story I caught, and had me intrigued. And Jon Pertwee was my Doctor for some time - in fact, it was some time before I learned there were others.
KTEH also showed a complete story every weekend (first it was Saturday at midnight, but later it was Sunday at 11pm - that change to a schoolnight was hard to sell to mom until she started watch on occasion), and that was my first time seeing another Doctor. Of course, I didn't know about this "Regeneration" thing yet, so I was extremely confused as to who this blond bloke claiming to be the Doctor was. At least I know at least one other person got confused by that.
That story was Kinda, and it scared the hell out of me.
KTEH was a very cool station (it's gotten less cool since merging with the vile KQED) that would also introduce me to Red Dwarf and Blake's 7... and it gave me the chance to meet Sylvester McCoy. Shortly after he got the role, KTEH flew him out to San Jose. If you've ever met him, you know how charming and nice he is; he even signed a box of Jelly Babies for me.
After that, he and Jon had to share the title of "my Doctor".
I have seen the enemy, and it is the the Guild Wars wikiEdit
The Guild Wars wiki has just over 17,500 articles. We just broke 14,000. Brothers, sisters, and loom-cousins, we can topple this paper tiger and take our rightful place atop the Big Wiki page! Only 3,500 to go!
Pages I've CreatedEdit
- The Doctor Who Role Playing Game
- Mary Whitehouse
- Neil Hannon
- Galileo Galilei
- Robert Bellarmine
- The Pale Man
- The Machine
- Sweet, Delicious Bacon
Bacon is an unusually tasty meat from the planet Earth. It is notable for its extreme deliciousness and the sense of well-being and contentedness it imbues to those who consume it.
History of BaconEdit
While not directly involved in the invention of Bacon, the Doctor did pave the way for its creation by helping the Tribe of Gum discover fire, thus creating the earliest method of cooking bacon. (TV: An Unearthly Child)
Bacon has been inextricably linked to many of humanity's greatest achievements, such as the wheel, the internal combustion engine, and space travel (methods of transporting bacon), written and spoken language (to record bacon recipies), and the time travel technology of the 51st century (useful for prolonging the shelf life of bacon).
Notable Bacon-Related EventsEdit
- The Doctor decides to give up bacon and become a vegeterian after his experience with the Androgums. The lack of bacon in his diet causes him to become so frail that a mere bump on the head causes him to regenerate. (TV: The Two Doctors, Time and the Rani)
- Ace orders four bacon sandwiches during the Shoreditch Incident. The strength and stamina from this meal would let her escape the pursuing Daleks later. (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks)
- The Time Lords and Daleks fight the Last Great Time War, for the fate all of creation, including (by inference) all the bacon in history. This was undoubtedly a motivator for both sides.
- The Slitheen modify a pig as a decoy in their invasion. The moral ambiguity surrounding its sentience and the high quantity of lead in its body make it unsuitable for baconization. (TV: Aliens of London)
- The Doctor observes that the Daleks reconstituted from human dead are driven mad by "the stink of humanity". Had they smelled like bacon, the crisis would have been averted. (TV: The Parting of the Ways)
- The Doctor destroyed a Glutonoid with a toxic mixture that was flavored with bacon, thus making it irresistable to any being with a sense of taste. (COMIC: The Glutonoid Menace)