This page may contain spoilers with plot and/or ending details about stories which have not yet been published or broadcast. Please see our spoiler policy for our rules governing articles about such subjects.
The Fiftieth Anniversary of Doctor Who will be celebrated on 23 November 2013, and, indeed, throughout all of 2013. It commemorates fifty years since 23 November 1963, the day that the very first episode of televised Doctor Who, "An Unearthly Child," was aired.
There were many ways in which the Whovians are celebrating this joyous occasion. This page lists and describes the many ways in which Doctor Who fans around the globe are honouring that very important first day...
50th Anniversary Special Edit
The Fiftieth Anniversary special, possibly in the form of multiple specials, will air 23 November 2013 and will be presented in 3-D. Steven Moffat, show runner, has confirmed that it is definitely not "one sixty-minute special." BBC Complaints has assured fans that they "won't be disappointed." It will feature the return of the Tenth Doctor and Rose Tyler, as well as of the Zygons. Filming for the special began on 2 April, and completed on 6 May.
|N/A||TBA||Steven Moffat||Nick Hurran||3-D special |
- The Doctor - Matt Smith
- The Doctor - David Tennant
- Clara Oswald - Jenna-Louise Coleman
- Rose Tyler - Billie Piper
- TBC - John Hurt
- Kate Stewart - Jemma Redgrave
- Osgood - Ingrid Oliver
An Adventure in Space and Time Edit
An Adventure in Space and Time will be a docu-drama about the making of Doctor Who.
|N/A||An Adventure in Space and Time||Mark Gatiss||Nick Hurran||90-minute drama will tell the story of the genesis of Doctor Who|
- William Hartnell - David Bradley
- Sydney Newman - Brian Cox
- Verity Lambert - Jessica Raine
- Waris Hussein - Sacha Dhawan
- Heather Hartnell - Leslie Manville
- Patrick Troughton - Reece Shearsmith
- Mervyn Pinfield - Jeff Rawle
- Rex Tucker - Andrew Woodall
- Richard Martin - Ian Hallard
- William Russell - Jamie Glover
- Jacqueline Hill - Jemma Powell
- Carole Ann Ford - Claudia Grant
- Delia Derbyshire - Sarah Winter
- Jackie Lane - Sophie Holt
- Peter Hawkins - Nicholas Briggs
- Harry - William Russell
- Alan - Reece Pockney
The Doctors Revisited Edit
The Doctors Revisited is a series of documentaries analysing each respective Doctor. They are set to be broadcast on BBC America monthly, leading up to November, along with a special broadcast of one television story per Doctor.
|Title||Subject||Original Broadcast||Broadcast with|
|1||The Doctors Revisited - The First Doctor||The First Doctor||27 January 2013||TV: The Aztecs|
|2||The Doctors Revisited - The Second Doctor||The Second Doctor||27 February 2013||TV: The Tomb of the Cybermen|
|3||The Doctors Revisited - The Third Doctor||The Third Doctor||TBA||TBA|
|4||The Doctors Revisited - The Fourth Doctor||The Fourth Doctor||TBA||TBA|
|5||The Doctors Revisited - The Fifth Doctor||The Fifth Doctor||TBA||TBA|
|6||The Doctors Revisited - The Sixth Doctor||The Sixth Doctor||TBA||TBA|
|7||The Doctors Revisited - The Seventh Doctor||The Seventh Doctor||TBA||TBA|
|8||The Doctors Revisited - The Eighth Doctor||The Eighth Doctor||TBA||TBA|
|9||The Doctors Revisited - The Ninth Doctor||The Ninth Doctor||TBA||TBA|
|10||The Doctors Revisited - The Tenth Doctor||The Tenth Doctor||TBA||TBA|
|11||The Doctors Revisited - The Eleventh Doctor||The Eleventh Doctor||TBA||TBA|
Puffin Eshorts Edit
The Puffin Eshorts are a series of short stories released digitally by Puffin Books. Each story is released on the 23rd of each month of 2013, each featuring a different incarnation of the Doctor. The series began in January with a First Doctor story and will proceed chronologically through the Doctors until it culminates with an Eleventh Doctor story in November.
|1||A Big Hand for the Doctor||Eoin Colfer||The First Doctor||23 January 2013|
|2||The Nameless City||Michael Scott||The Second Doctor||23 February 2013|
|3||The Spear of Destiny||Marcus Sedgwick||The Third Doctor||23 March 2013|
|4||TBA||TBA||The Fourth Doctor||23 April 2013|
|5||TBA||TBA||The Fifth Doctor||23 May 2013|
|6||TBA||TBA||The Sixth Doctor||23 June 2013|
|7||TBA||TBA||The Seventh Doctor||23 July 2013|
|8||TBA||TBA||The Eighth Doctor||23 August 2013|
|9||TBA||TBA||The Ninth Doctor||23 September 2013|
|10||TBA||TBA||The Tenth Doctor||23 October 2013|
|11||TBA||TBA||The Eleventh Doctor||23 November 2013|
Hunters of the Burning Stone Edit
Hunters of the Burning Stone is a Doctor Who Magazine comic story, DWM's way of celebrating 50 years of Doctor Who. It is most notable for the shocking re-appearance of Coal Hill School, and Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright, the First Doctor's first companions, and the first human regulars of the show.
Prisoners of Time Edit
Prisoners of Time is a IDW comic story, IDW Publishing's way of celebrating 50 years of Doctor Who. A multi-Doctor story, featuring all eleven incarnations of the Doctor, one issue will be released every month, each one about a different Doctor, leading up to November, the Anniversary, when the Eleventh Doctor will be featured, and, later, December, when all the Doctors will be brought together.
The Light at the End Edit
The Light at the End will be a Big Finish audio book, Big Finish Production's way of celebrating 50 years of Doctor Who. A multi-Doctor story, featuring the first eight incarnations of the Doctor, the 100-minute audio story will be released in November 2013. The surviving actors who've played the Doctor in the original series, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann, as well as certain actors who've played their companions, namely, Louise Jameson, Sarah Sutton, Nicola Bryant, Sophie Aldred and India Fisher. Geoffrey Beevers will also return as the Master, as well as stand-in actors making appearances as the first three Doctors.
- November 23rd 1963 proves to be a significant day in the lives of all eight Doctors... It’s the day that Bob Dovie’s life is ripped apart... It’s also a day that sets in motion a catastrophic chain of events which forces the first eight incarnations of the Doctor to fight for their very existence. As a mysterious, insidious chaos unfolds within the TARDIS, the barriers of time break apart... From suburban England through war-torn alien landscapes and into a deadly, artificial dimension, all these Doctors and their companions must struggle against the power of an unfathomable, alien technology. From the very beginning, it is clear that the Master is somehow involved. By the end, for the Doctors, there may only be darkness.
Coins and stamps Edit
- The Special will be a multi-Doctor story, featuring all eleven Doctors. Moffat said that he's "not against it, but [he] think[s], as a gimmick, it outlives its usefulness quite fast." Confirmed, at least David Tennant will be appearing.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7VQrnMzjrU
- ↑ http://www.digitalspy.ca/british-tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a458915/doctor-who-bbc-responds-to-fan-complaints-over-50th-anniversary.html
- ↑ https://twitter.com/jon_melville/status/303176060244205569
- ↑ http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21413511
- ↑ https://twitter.com/jon_melville/status/303176060244205569
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5L5vQ5gaFRs
- ↑ https://hypable.com/2013/03/05/marcus-sedgwick-announced-as-next-doctor-who-eshort-reader/
- ↑ http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who-50th-anniversary-release-announced