This user is no longer active. These messages are left as an archive.
Thanks for your recent edits! We hope you'll keep on editing with us. This is a great time to have joined us, because now you can play the Game of Rassilon with us and win cool stuff! Well, okay, badges. That have no monetary value. And that largely only you can see. But still: they're cool!
We've got a couple of important quirks for a Wikia wiki, so let's get them out of the way first.
British English, please
We generally use British English round these parts, so if you use another form of English, please be sure you set your spell checker to BrEng, and take a gander at our spelling cheat card.
Spoilers aren't cool
We have a strict definition of "spoiler" that you may find a bit unusual. Basically, a spoiler, to us, is anything that comes from a story which has not been released yet. So, even if you've got some info from a BBC press release or official trailer, it basically can't be referenced here. In other words, you gotta wait until the episode has finished its premiere broadcast to start editing about its contents. Please check the spoiler policy for more details.
Other useful stuff
Aside from those two things, we also have some pages that you should probably read when you get a chance, like:
- the listing of all our help, policy and guideline pages
- our Manual of Style
- our image use policy
- our user page policy
If you're brand new to wiki editing — and we all were, once! — you probably want to check out these tutorials at Wikipedia, the world's largest wiki:
Just curious about these redirects you've been creating. Nothing links to them, so I was just curious to the rationale in creating them? --Tangerineduel 13:18, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
- It was to redirect them to relevant pages, in case someone searches for them. Doctor Who serials to the list of Doctor who serials, Torchwood episodes to the list of Torchwood epsiodes and World War Three to the episode page as there is no other use for that title. I just thought "If someone types these in, they are obviously looking for those pages, so they should redirect to them". If they are not relevant, then feel free to remove. Jack's the man 13:29, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
HighQuark16 18:29, 5 May 2008 (UTC)
dalekcaan 20:26 8 may 2008 (UTC) i found it on a quite alot of forums so i thought this might be a good title
Captain Jack HarknessEdit
Please leave all references to Jack Harkness as Captain Jack Harkness set out like that as that is how he is most commonly refered to and it is the best way to set it out without causing any controversey.
Although I do think the section needs to be given a better title, fan rumors and speculation do belong in the Myths section (reference my reversion to your deletion in Forest of the Dead). Perhaps Rumours or Speculation is a better section head, but that's what was intended and I added those particular ones after noting many similar points made in the Myths sections of other episodes. I understand the main admin for this Wiki plans to do some reorganizing after Series 4 ends and I'll make the suggestion that a better section title be used. 23skidoo 13:59, 27 June 2008 (UTC)
- I would agree to a better title. Myths really only covers misconceptions about the storyrather than rumours that turn out to be false. I agree to some false rumours, but the way those were phrased it was really as a note more than anything else. Jack's the man - 16:17, 27 June 2008 (UTC)
Hey, just wondering what was up with moving the Mark IIIb to Mark IV? The character is referred to as the Mark IIIb in the official merchandise, and it was decided to go with that designation last year instead of the Mark IV. --Colleyd 19:10, 7 July 2008 (UTC)Woof.
- The designation mark IV was seen in SJA (The Lost Boy), so I thought that should be the one to use. Merchandise isn't always correct (there was at one stage a War on Skaro set advertised). I don't mind the IIIb notation, so if consensus is to have that feel free to change it back. Jack's the man - 19:14, 7 July 2008 (UTC)
- There had been talk over on Wikipedia that some had seen a "IV" on the safe K-9 teleported out of, but having reviewed the ep, I've never seen anything on the safe other than the dial. No one's been able to provide a proper screenshot of the numerals to prove otherwise either.--Colleyd 19:16, 7 July 2008 (UTC)Woof.
Just letting you know that the names are correct as the novelizations of the serials have been released for pre order and they have the same names Dark Lord Xander 06:39, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
- On the SJA Names again just wondering where you got the other names from ? 06:31, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for That --Dark Lord Xander 06:24, 22 August 2008 (UTC)
Children of EarthEdit
Feel free to create it. When I deleted it it was created by an unregistered user and the page was one sentence: "Chidren Of Earth is the Five Episode Season 3 Of Torchwood". --Tangerineduel 13:30, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
- That's about all we know just now - I'll add the information to List of Torchwood television stories until we get more. Jack's the man - 13:59, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
I disagree completely with the revert. This is supposed to be a single-universe wiki and for stories that are crossovers we need to link the televised episodes together. I have placed a reply at Talk:Journey's End and have asked one of the main admins to weigh in on this rather than kicking up a revert war. I feel separating them like this defeats the purpose of a single-universe wiki. It doesn't have to be complicated because TV infoboxes are only intended to be for televised episodes, so we can stick to that. Cheers. 23skidoo 01:21, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
The Next DoctorEdit
I wish I'd got a pool bet going on how long it would take an anonymous IP to put "The Doctor" next to Morissey's name. It took exactly 2 minutes from the time I added my revisions. I really hope his character gets killed off! Seriously, though, I'm keeping an eye on the article and will try and catch any of these I spot. 23skidoo 18:56, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
- I know what you mean. But if we didn't have the article it would get added to every other page. Jack's the man - 09:36, 24 September 2008 (UTC)
Are You A Fan Of The New TV Show MERLIN On BBC One If So A New Wikia Has Just Started On www.merlin.wikia.com and it desperatly needs pages editing and adminastrators so if you would like to edit or be a part of the community start editing and drop me a message on the user name Michael Downey on The Wikia. If Not Im Sorry To Bother You But At Least Check It out And If You Know Any Info On It Help A Little Bit. Thanks Michael Downey 17:10, 23 September 2008 (UTC) p.s Really Soz If Ive Bothered You
IPs blocked and pages protected from unregistered users, thanks for making me aware of them. --Tangerineduel 14:36, 15 October 2008 (UTC)
Altering individuals user pagesEdit
Hi, I know you probably changed it with the best intentions and everything, but in line with our Tardis:Vandalism and Unhelpful Content Policy you shouldn't change a user's user page (ie the alterations to User:The Doctor Forever page). --Tangerineduel 11:43, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
- Fair enough - Although that's why I maid sure to specifically state what I was doing. Jack's the man - 14:48, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
Removal of information without edit summaryEdit
This happened a couple of months ago, but you removed the contemporaries sections I added to the various Season pages without explanation. Although I have no doubt you did so in good faith, doing such an edit without an edit summary -- or leaving the editor who added the info (me, in this case) a PM is considered a serious breach of Wiki etiquette. I'd appreciate an explanation as to why this was removed. I think this information is interesting and relevant, given the historical nature of the series, and unless an admin gives me compelling reasons why it isn't allowed, I'm going to reinstate the sections when time permits. Cheers. 23skidoo 19:44, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
- Just looked back into my contributions for these - I did put edit summaries for Seasons 1 and 2 stating that I felt that contempories weren't really relevant to those pages, and removed them from other pages for the same reason. I did suggest that they might be better placed on theyear articles rather than the season articles - I think the season articles should be about the seasons, and contempories don't really tell you much about the season. Feel free to re-add them if you wish. Jack's the man - 21:34, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
You reverted my edits to The Stolen Earth on the grounds "no evidence that spin-offs are canon". Be that as it may - and there is evidence in Boom Town that the BBC New Series Adventures at least are canon - Tardis:Canon policy makes it clear that for the purposes of this Wiki, Big Finish Audios (which I referenced) ARE to be considered canon. I have put the points I made back in the article. Thanks--The Traveller 19:26, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
- Well if you insist on pointing out every possible error that you can think of - including some that are probably not even erors cause RTD is only counting the classic series and nothing else - then fine by me. Jack's the man - 14:03, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
Your input is needed!
You are invited to join the discussion at Forum:Can we disable visual editor please?.