Thanks for your recent edits! We hope you'll keep on editing with us. This is a great time to have joined us, because now you can play the Game of Rassilon with us and win cool stuff! Well, okay, badges. That have no monetary value. And that largely only you can see. But still: they're cool!
We've got a couple of important quirks for a Wikia wiki, so let's get them out of the way first.
British English, please
We generally use British English round these parts, so if you use another form of English, please be sure you set your spell checker to BrEng, and take a gander at our spelling cheat card.
Spoilers aren't cool
We have a strict definition of "spoiler" that you may find a bit unusual. Basically, a spoiler, to us, is anything that comes from a story which has not been released yet. So, even if you've got some info from a BBC press release or official trailer, it basically can't be referenced here. In other words, you gotta wait until the episode has finished its premiere broadcast to start editing about its contents. Please check the spoiler policy for more details.
Other useful stuff
Aside from those two things, we also have some pages that you should probably read when you get a chance, like:
- the listing of all our help, policy and guideline pages
- our Manual of Style
- our image use policy
- our user page policy
If you're brand new to wiki editing — and we all were, once! — you probably want to check out these tutorials at Wikipedia, the world's largest wiki:
Copying plots from wikipediaEdit
Hello. I would discourage copying plots (and other information) from wikipedia, mainly as we are trying to create a unique wikia, which has alternate and different information from the main wikipedia site, rather than just a regurgitation of wikipedia's information. --Tangerineduel 17:24, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
- OK, but I did add a template saying that I used the info from Wikipedia. I will stop now :). Matthew R Dunn 17:27, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
why did you alter my discussion page, I spent ages typing it, what was wrong with it???? Drwhofan08 16:46, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
- Because the welcome template is for all of our user talk pages as well as yours. Plus, I also think that only admins have the right to edit the welcom template. Matthew R Dunn 16:50, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
So how do I start a discussion page then? You have writing under your discussion page, how do you get it? I misunderstood and thought it was my personal page, i`ve just started on wikiDrwhofan08 16:56, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
- On the top of your talk page, there is a section that says "edit this page", just like on any other page, and simply type something down below the welcome notice. :) Matthew R Dunn 16:59, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
Thanx sorry about that, I must have started typing in the wrong space.Drwhofan08 17:01, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
- Apology accepted. If you need more help on how to edit pages, read the Tardis:Manual of Style, that page would be really helpful. :) Matthew R Dunn 17:05, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
The Wedding of SJSEdit
Nup, there shouldn't be anything stopping, though as it's the only episode thus far with a confirmed title is there anything aside from the standard infobox and TV story layout to put on the page? I just ask as there doesn't appear to be any further information on the SJA S3 page so was only wondering what's actually going to be on there. --Tangerineduel 15:03, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- Righty, but that's in the Rumours and Announcements section on the S3 SJA page. I'm just not sure what other information is going to emerge that can't (for now) be contained to the S3 page. But if there's some large amount of information that would overwhelm the S3 article then fine create the page. But if it's just that announcement maybe it would be better to leave it until further information (that can justify the page) comes out. (I'm just worried that if we create the page we'll have a more so avalanche of people pondering the implications of that episode all throughout the article). --Tangerineduel 15:16, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
Aliens of London/WW3Edit
Where did this Michael Year thing come from? When was that name used? --126.96.36.199 10:24, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
Your input is needed!
You are invited to join the discussion at Forum:Can we disable visual editor please?.