|Main enemy:||Our Mother/Registry|
|Main setting:||Valhalla, Callisto|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Steve Foxon|
|Cover by:||Barry Piggott|
|Release date:||June 2007|
|Format:||2 CDs - 4 Episodes|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|Urban Myths||The Wishing Beast|
- You may wish to consult
Valhalla (disambiguation)for other, similarly-named pages.
Valhalla was the ninety-sixth monthly Doctor Who audio release produced by Big Finish Productions. It is the first story in the monthly range to feature the Seventh Doctor without companions or other recognisable figure (Master featured the Seventh Doctor and the Master).
Publisher's summary Edit
Welcome to Valhalla, Capital of Callisto, Jupiter's premier moon, where anything and everything is up for sale. But Valhalla isn't quite what it says in the brochures – not since Earth granted independence and cut off the supplies.
The former Doctor (FOR SALE. EXCELLENT CONDITION) visits the Job Centre and finds power cuts, barcoded citizens and monthly riots (ALL BOOKABLE.)
And then there's the problem with the termites...
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Jevvan - Michelle Gomez
- Laxton - Phillip Jackson
- Our Mother/Registry - Susannah York
- Gerium - Fraser James
- Tin-Marie - Donna Berlin
- Clerk/Sergeant/Pilot/New Tannoy - Duncan Wisbey
- Groom/Drome/Guard/Resolute Pilot/Worker 1/Marketeer - Dominic Frisby
- Worker 2 - Jack Galagher
to be added
- An illustrated preview for this story featured in DWM 383 by Martin Geraghty.
- This audio drama was recorded on 16 and 17 April 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- Michelle Gomez returned to the DWU in the form of Missy, the first female incarnation of The Master. (TV: Deep Breath, TV: Into the Dalek etc)
- The Doctor survives a massive electrical shock, which causes him no permanent damage. During his tenth incarnation, he would do so again in New York City on 1 November 1930. (TV: Evolution of the Daleks)
- Official Valhalla page at bigfinish.com
- Valhalla at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- DisContinuity for Valhalla at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide