Vanderdeken's Children was the fourteenth BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures. It featured the Eighth Doctor and Samantha Jones. Vanderdeken's Children is author Christopher Bulis' only contribution to the EDA range, although he has contributed several novels to the other novel ranges from Virgin Publishing and BBC Books.
Publisher's summary Edit
A mysterious disturbance in the hyperspatial vortex causes the Doctor and Sam to materialise the TARDIS in deep space. Here they find that a huge derelict alien craft has become the subject of a dangerous confrontation between starships from the rival systems of Nimos and Emindar. At the centre of the dispute is a ruthless politician with secrets of his own — a man who is willing to risk innocent lives to claim the derelict for himself.
While the Doctor and Sam find themselves accompanying an expedition into the heart of the alien vessel, strange and frightening incidents spread terror through the watching ships. But exploring deeper into the derelict disturbs a sinister presence and takes the expedition towards an inevitable confrontation with fate — and perhaps beyond the boundaries of life itself...
to be added
- Eighth Doctor
- Samantha Jones
- J. Kale Rexton
- Don Delray
- Commodore Gelbert J. Sternby
- Lyset Wynter
- Admiral Mokai
The Doctor's items Edit
- The Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver to repel the ghosts.
- The Doctor has a copy of Jane's All the Galaxy's Spaceships.
- The Yevron are a blue skinned species.
Titles and offices Edit
- The Doctor and Sam pose as Galactic Federation moderators.
to be added
- The Doctor claims that he has met Shakespeare. He met Shakespeare in PROSE: The Empire of Glass and AUDIO: The Time of the Daleks.
- Whilst waking up, for a moment Sam thinks she's still on the Dreamstone Moon. (PROSE: Dreamstone Moon)
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Vanderdeken's Children at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Vanderdeken's Children