- You may wish to consult
Voyager (disambiguation)for other, similarly-named pages.
Voyager was the eighth volume of the Panini Publishing series of Doctor Who Magazine comic collections, and the first of two to feature the Sixth Doctor. In included the earliest Sixth Doctor DWM strips, most of which featured only the Doctor and Frobisher.
Like all in the series, it was notable for its high quality digital restoration of the comics. It was the first chance readers had of seeing the original, monochromatic version of the comics since they were first published in DWM in the mid-1980s.
Publisher's summary Edit
Classic comic strips from the pages of Doctor Who Magazine!
The Sixth Doctor, Peri and their shapeshifting penguin chum Frobisher take a madcap journey through space, time and magical realms in this first volume of their comic strip adventures from the pages of Doctor Who Magazine!
This book features the following digitally restored stories, reprinted in their original episodic format for the first time: THE SHAPE SHIFTER, VOYAGER, POLLY THE GLOT, ONCE UPON A TIME LORD, WAR-GAME, FUNHOUSE, KANE'S STORY, ABEL'S STORY, THE WARRIOR'S STORY and FROBISHER'S STORY!
Tasked to retrieve a set of stolen starcharts by the awesome and terrifying Voyager, the Doctor must pursue the insane Time Lord Astrolabus across the universe, across world of fantasy and imagination, far-flung planets, and even the pages of a children's storybook.
Along the way there are reunions with the eminent Professor Ivan Asimoff and the despicable Dogbolter, a run-in with a sentient house, swordplay with a Draconian Overlord, and even a quick trip to New York!
AN ESSENTIAL COLLECTION FOR FANS OF DOCTOR WHO AND CLASSIC BRITISH COMICS!
Comic stories Edit
- The Shape Shifter
- Polly the Glot
- Once Upon a Time Lord
- Kane's Story
- Abel's Story
- The Warrior's Story
- Frobisher's Story
Additional features Edit
- About the Authors
Credits (TBC) Edit
- Project Editor: Clayton Hickman
- Consultant: Scott Gray
- Design:Peri Godbold and Clayton Hickman
- Cover artwork: John Ridgway
- Colours: James Offredi
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
- This is the first of two collections featuring the run of Sixth Doctor stories from the pages of Doctor Who Magazine, and contains 172 high quality black and white printed pages and a new cover by John Ridgway and priced at £15.99 (UK).
- A new version was included in The Complete History for premium subscribers.
- Two covers were apparently used for this volume, one with Peri and one without.