Publisher's summary Edit
"Just a taste of Armageddon, Romana. It's what happens when acquisitive minds are left unencumbered by conscience."
The Doctor, Romana and newly elected President Sheridan Moorkurk take on the all-consuming powers of business tycoon Cuthbert and his vast Conglomerate. But the situation goes beyond a struggle for political power. Cuthbert is intent on revenge on creatures he feels have attacked his interests. But when his revenge looks like leading to inter-species war, the Doctor knows the stakes couldn't be higher.
to be added
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- Romana - Mary Tamm
- Cuthbert - David Warner
- President Moorkurk - Hayley Atwell
- The Laan - Jane Slavin
- Mr Dorrick - Toby Hadoke
- Tallister - Hugh Fraser
- Bob Caveer - Nicholas Briggs
- Security Man/Spaceship Captain - John Dorney
- Earth Tower - Beth Chalmers
- EP One is the President of Earth's personal jet.
- Sheridan Moorkurk was elected due to an unexpected surge in the protest vote against the Conglomerate.
- The Doctor uses his customary alias of "Dr John Smith".
- Romana believes that the Doctor's TARDIS is "not the most elegant method of travel."
- The Doctor tells President Moorkurk that the Conglomerate attacked the Laan and kidnapped one of them. (AUDIO: The Sands of Life)
- The Doctor tells President Moorkurk that he is an expert on "practically everything." (TV: Spearhead from Space, Utopia)
- The Doctor says, "Just touch these two wires together and that's it. The Daleks are finished." (TV: Genesis of the Daleks)
- Romana refers to the parrot in the TARDIS. (AUDIO: The Sands of Life) It remained in the TARDIS until at least his eighth incarnation. (AUDIO: The Light at the End)
- President Moorkurk ensured that Cuthbert's role in these events was made public, severely damaging his popularity. (AUDIO: The Dalek Contract) This led Cuthbert to refer to her as a "sanctimonious bitch." (AUDIO: The Final Phase)
- The Laans' ability to navigate through time and space was damaged by Cuthbert's experiments with the Quantum Gateway in the Proxima System. (AUDIO: The Final Phase)