Warlords of Utopia was the fourth novel in the Faction Paradox series.
Publisher's summary Edit
Marcus Americanius Scriptor's memoirs of the war between every parallel universe where Rome never fell and every parallel universe where Hitler won the Second World War have long been regarded as the definitive account of that turbulent time.
Scriptor's life story, from his early life among the housesteads of an obscure province to his role in the ultimate confrontation with Nazism, was intimately connected with the major political and social developments of his time. His highly personal record of events was praised even in his own lifetime for its honesty and intimacy, as well as for capturing the scale of a war that consumed thousands of worlds.
This exciting new translation of a classic work of military history is accessible to new readers and existing students of the War alike.
to be added
- Consobrinus Patruelis is a representative of Partes Paradoxum.
- A library in Germania V has Greatness and Decline of Rome, The Monuments of Ancient Rome, The Pagan Background of Early Christianity, Gothic Art, The Dark Ages, The Black Death and the Peasant's Revolt, Heresies of the Later Middle Ages, Religious Poverty and the Profit Economy, an encyclopaedia, and some of the work of Edward Gibbon.
- Alternate timelines included: Roma CLI, Roma DC, Roma DCXXI, Roma DI, Roma IV, Roma LXIX, Roma VI, Roma VII, Roma VIII, Roma XI, Roma XX and Roma XXXI.
- Mad Norwegian Press published a prologue to Warlords of Utopia on their website.
- Author Lance Parkin had the idea for the book around 1998, and when BBC Books was looking for alternate universe stories, he pitched it as an Eighth Doctor novel. In that original pitch, Sabbath had organised a war between his two perfect societies to reassemble an optimised history of Earth. Parkin intended the dimensional bridges in that pitch to be based off of Dalek time corridors.
- The novel's references and use of dimensional corridors strongly implies it is actually a precursor to COMIC: The Iron Legion.
- Abschrift is a Cwej. (PROSE: The Book of the War) He tells Scriptor that he originates from the "True Earth". (PROSE: Original Sin)
- Roma D is home to fearsome clockwork men who have formed the "Ferrum Legion". (COMIC: Doctor Who and the Iron Legion)
- Official Warlords of Utopia page at Mad Norwegian Press
- Warlords of Utopia at the Faction Paradox wiki
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Warlords of Utopia at The Whoniverse