Opening narration box
After being tricked by the three warrior brothers, the Doctor and Martha race to set things right...
On her ship, Queen Angboda oversees her fleet of hospital ships ready to head out to help the victims of the warriors conquests. Her trusted aide, Vemnec, is with her. The Doctor and Martha arrive and apologise for freeing the three warriors exiled to populated planets. Queen Angboda disapproves. She sayd they were sent to a deserted world but were diverted by a teleport wave.
The three warriors teleport on board. They are surprised to see the Doctor and Martha. the Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver to reverse the teleport feed and send them back to the battlecruiser. However, Angboda's ship and the others in the fleet are carrying medical supplies, not weapons. They are defenceless against the warriors' craft, which prepares to attack.
Vemnec turns out to be a traitor working for the warriors, his true masters. He is thrown against a wall and electrocuted by the equipment panel as the Doctor comes up with a plan.
Racing to the cargo bays, the Doctor, Martha and Angboda unfold and jettison the ship's supply of foil blankets intended to offer warmth to the refugees. Surrounding the ship, they offer a reflective barrier to the warriors' laser attack. The warriors' battlecruiser is damaged by the lasers. It crashes on a barren asteroid below. As Angboda leads the rescue ships, the warriors rage on the asteroid.
to be added
- Supporting the series of collectible Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page, individually titled comic strip of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Tragellan previously appeared in the Battles In Time comic strip adventure Beneath the Skin (Issue 11), planting a "flag" of the Tragellan Empire.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with "props" from the TV series: blue/brown suit, intelligent-looking glasses, sonic screwdriver and psychic paper.
Original print details
- 4/4 DWBIT 21 (4 pages) THE END!
- No reprints to date.
to be added