|Main enemy:||Thaur, Vulsturg the Vast and Jotastar the Just|
|Main setting:||Haklok, a Tragellan colony, 9th century|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
|Release date:||27 June 2007|
|Format:||Comic - Part 4 of 4 (4 pages)|
|DWBIT comic stories|
|Force and Fury||Head Start|
After being tricked by the three warrior brothers, the Doctor and Martha race to set things right …
On her ship, Queen Angboda oversees her fleet of hospital ships ready to head out to help the victims of the warriors conquests. Her trusted aide, Vemnec, is with her. The Doctor and Martha arrive and apologise for freeing the three warriors exiled to populated planets. Queen Angboda disapproves. She sayd they were sent to a deserted world but were diverted by a teleport wave.
The three warriors teleport onboard. They are surprised to see the Doctor and Martha. the Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver to reverse the teleport feed and send them back to the battlecruiser. However, Angboda’s ship and the others in the fleet are carrying medical supplies, not weapons. They are defenceless against the warriors' craft, which prepares to attack.
Vemnec turns out to be a traitor working for the warriors, his true masters. He is thrown against a wall and electrocuted by the equipment panel as the Doctor comes up with a plan.
Racing to the cargo bays, the Doctor, Martha and Angboda unfold and jettison the ship's supply of foil blankets intended to offer warmth to the refugees. Surrounding the ship, they offer a reflective barrier to the warriors' laser attack. The warriors' battlecruiser is damaged by the lasers. It crashes on a barren asteroid below. As Angboda leads the rescue ships, the warriors rage on the asteroid.
- Tenth Doctor
- Martha Jones
- Thaur – One of three giant Viking warriors from the planet Norsum, exiled, banished and abandoned on primitive planets (like Earth) by Angboda for crimes against other worlds they had conquered and crushed.
- Vulsturg the Vast – One of three giant Viking warriors from the planet Norsum, exiled, banished and abandoned on primitive planets (like Earth) by Angboda for crimes against other worlds they had conquered and crushed. Vulsturg was left bound to a rock on an unnamed planetoid, guarded by screaming creatures that rendered him unconscious before being released. Also known as Valiant Vulsturg.
- Jotastar the Just – One of three giant Viking warriors from the planet Norsum, exiled, banished and imprisoned on the Tragellan colony of Haklok by Angboda for crimes against other worlds they had conquered and crushed. A ruthless, indiscriminate killer who led the warriors' escape and return to Norsum in a stolen battlecruiser.
- Queen Angboda – warrior, Queen of Norsum, who mounted a huge campaign to build a fleet of medical ships and dispatch aid to the worlds conquered and crushed by the three warriors Thaur, Vulsturg and Jotastar (whom she was responsible for exiling and banishing).
Original print details Edit
- 4/4 DWBIT 21 (4 pages) THE END!
- No reprints to date.
- Supporting the series of collectable Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page, individually titled comic strip of the Tenth Doctor’s adventures.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Tragellan previously appeared in the Battles In Time comic strip adventure Beneath the Skin (Issue 11), planting a 'flag' of the Tragellan Empire.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with ‘props’ from the TV series: blue/brown suit, intelligent-looking glasses, sonic screwdriver and psychic paper.
to be added