|When Time Froze|
|Broadcast with:||The Wedding of River Song|
|Original broadcast date:||1 October 2011|
|Open All Hours|
|Another memorable moment|
|One more memorable moment|
When Time Froze was the final episode of Doctor Who Confidential as a BBC Three television commission. It was broadcast in conjunction with The Wedding of River Song. It was most notable for a lengthy segment called River Song: Her Story, in which Alex Kingston narrated a biography of River Song. The episode also included the debut of Death is the Only Answer, a mini-episode written by a group of schoolchildren as part of the BBC-sponsored "Script to Screen" contest.
Though the series concluded production, plans were announced to revive it in 2013, while short behind-the-scenes features were aired in conjunction with Series 7 of Doctor Who. These features would later expand into Doctor Who Extra in 2014, a series of 10 minute installments which were made avaliable on BBC iPlayer and the BBC Red Button following the broadcast of their accompanying Series 8 episodes. The first installment of Extra, attached to Deep Breath, was also screened in cinemas following the premiere's theatrical simulcast.
Aspects of production covered Edit
- The filming of the "Amy kills Kovarian" scene.
- Weapons training with Karen Gillan
- Filming the 'wedding' scene
- The filming of the live chess scene.
- Michael Pickwoad's set design for the "Indiana Jones" tunnel with all the skulls
- Cast thoughts on 29 April 2011, the final day of principal photography for series 6.
Additional topics covered Edit
- River Song: Her Story, a definitive, chronological biography of River Song covering events through the end of Series 6.
- The culmination of the Script to Screen competition: Death is the Only Answer
People interviewed Edit
- Steven Moffat
- Matt Smith
- Arthur Darvill
- Karen Gillan
- Alex Kingston
- Ian McNeice
- Mark Gatiss
- Jeremy Webb
- Emma Campbell-Jones
- Michael Pickwoad
- Marnix Van Den Broeke
- Liam Burne
- Heddi-Joy Taylor-Welch
- Marcus Wilson
Elements retained in Cut Down Edit
to be added
to be added
Home video releases Edit
The "Cut Down" version appears on disc 6 of the Series Six DVD set.