|Main setting:||The TARDIS|
|Printed in:||DWA 1|
|Release date:||5 April 2006|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (6 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
Having failed to land on the planet Shantella Prime and getting soaked by a passing car when she opened the door, Rose challenges the Doctor to explain the TARDIS console switches. After pressing the wraparound hologram switch and the Galactic lotto draw switch, they press the in-flight stereo system, which the Doctor had absent-mindedly swapped for a micromodulator switch. It shrinks them.
They climb up the Doctor's tie, which has been discarded untidily across the console, but have to get to the other side. Rose slips on a patch of machine oil left by the Doctor when he was oiling the gravity gauge, but is saved when she catches a lifeline thrown by the Doctor. Rose fights through the cobwebs and finally throws the switch in reverse, returning them to normal size.
- The Doctor refers to Alice in Wonderland.
- This launch strip (using the current travelling companion of the Doctor) sought to concentrate on the two main characters.
- The strip was aimed at a younger audience than previously established comic strip adventures.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm in the early issues, later being expanded to two-parters.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
Original print details Edit
- DWA 1 (6 pages split 4/2) DON'T MISS MORE EXCITING ADVENTURES NEXT ISSUE!
- The Tenth Doctor and Rose are reduced in size, much like the First Doctor, Susan Foreman, Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright were. (TV: Planet of Giants)