|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Anthony Lamb|
|Release date:||14 February 2014|
|Format:||2 Parts, 1 CD|
|The Fourth Doctor Adventures|
|The King of Sontar||The Crooked Man|
Publisher's summary Edit
A close encounter with a stray missile leads the Doctor to materialise his TARDIS on a planet that hangs in the dark at the edge of the known universe. A planet so dark that it exists in near-permanent night. A planet that enjoys just a single day's light once every thousand years...
Exactly what happens on the planet in its rare daylight hours – that's what a geographical survey headed by Senior Tutor Bengel is stationed here to establish. They, the Doctor and Leela are about to discover that when daylight comes, the White Ghosts rise...
So don't be afraid of the dark. The cover of night is a mercy.
Part one Edit
to be added
Part two Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- Bengel - Virginia Hey
- Aranda - Bethan Walker
- Morandi - Gbemisola Ikumelo
- Candelli/Harvester - James Joyce
- Leela refers to Jack and the Beanstalk.
- The Doctor refers to the TARDIS swimming pools. (TV: The Invasion of Time)
- Leela knows how to read. (PROSE: People of the Trees; AUDIO: The Time Vampire)
- Leela refers to her decision to kill Strang's clones on Dowcra. (AUDIO: The King of Sontar)
- The Doctor has an oil lamp which once belonged to Florence Nightingale. His seventh incarnation's companion Hex would later work with her in Scutari in October and November 1854. (AUDIO: The Angel of Scutari)
- The Doctor yells "Geronimo!", as he would later many times during his eleventh incarnation. (TV: The End of Time, et. al)
- The Doctor refers to the Time Lords' hatred of vampires. Gallifrey had fought a war against the Great Vampires. (TV: State of Decay)
- Leela wears gumboots and says they will protect her from electrocution. (AUDIO: Trail of the White Worm)