The Supreme Dalek was the name given to many Daleks throughout history to serve the role of commander. This title could refer to the leader of a specific operation, territory, faction or simply of the entire Dalek race.
22nd century Dalek invasion of Earth (2157 - 2167) Edit
- Main article: Supreme Controller (The Dalek Invasion of Earth)
A Black Dalek known as a Supreme Controller directed the Bedfordshire operation. It had a terrifying pet called the Slyther, which it used to let roam free around the mines at night, killing those it found. The Supreme Controller's voice was considerably higher than the other Daleks'. A black-and-silver-coloured Dalek referred to as the Saucer Commander was also used during this invasion. (TV: The Dalek Invasion of Earth)
Alternate timeline of the 22nd century Edit
- "The Dalek Tapes", a feature in the Genesis of the Daleks DVD, presented this Dalek as being a member of the Supreme Council.
Dalek invasion of Spiridon Edit
Another, a member of the Dalek's Supreme Council, arrived to take command of operations on the planet Spiridon. He ended up stranded after Thals stole his ship, but called for another one. The second Supreme had an eye-stalk that lit up when it was speaking. (TV: Planet of the Daleks) The Dalek Tapes feature presented all golden Dalek Supremes as members of the Council.
Circa 4000 Edit
Dalek-Movellan War Edit
The Dalek Supreme was the supreme commander of the Daleks during the war with the Movellans. A Dalek lieutenant, a Dalek of a darker shade of grey than the rest, was also of an intermediate rank at that time. (TV: Destiny of the Daleks)
Following the Dalek-Movellan War, the Supreme Dalek was a fully black Dalek, with white bumps and a more hollow voice. He was destroyed when the prison station holding Davros self-destructed, taking the Dalek ship with it. (TV: Resurrection of the Daleks)
Imperial-Renegade Dalek Civil War Edit
During the civil war, another Dalek Supreme was the leader of the Renegade Daleks that opposed the Imperial Daleks commanded by Davros, now calling himself the Dalek Emperor. The Dalek Supreme ended up as the last surviving member of the original, Kaled-descended Daleks. The Seventh Doctor convinced it that it had no purpose. At this point, in a state of confusion and distress, it destroyed itself. This variation was also mainly black, but had silver sensor globes, shoulder slats and neck rings, orange dome-lights, and a less-tapered "skirt" section. (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks)
New Dalek Empire Edit
- Main article: Supreme Dalek (New Dalek Empire)
After the return of Davros and the reestablishment of the Dalek race, a red Supreme Dalek took charge of the New Dalek Empire. His casing had gold ridges around it, and its spheres were also golden. The Supreme Dalek spoke in a deep voice similar to that of the Emperor. He was killed by Jack Harkness when he attempted to kill Davros and the Doctor. (TV: The Stolen Earth/Journey's End)
New Dalek Paradigm Edit
- Main article: Supreme Dalek (New Dalek Paradigm)
The three remaining survivors of the New Dalek Empire, with their heavily damaged Dalek saucer, located a Progenitor device, capable of restoring the Dalek race, which refused to activate for them due to their "impurity". The Daleks decided to lure the Doctor to them by posing as man-made machines in World War II. Gaining the Doctor's "testimony" that they were truly Daleks, the Progenitor finally activated for them, creating a new faction of improved Daleks who thought themselves as superior. These Daleks were led by a white Dalek Supreme. Under the Supreme's orders, the old Daleks were destroyed by the new ones. The Supreme Dalek then threatened to destroy the Earth using an Oblivion Continuum. While the Doctor rushed to Earth to disarm the device, the Supreme Dalek and his subordinates departed the era in a time corridor. (TV: Victory of the Daleks)
A Supreme Dalek (possibly the same one) oversaw the placement of the Eye of Time in the ruins of Kaalann. However, its plot was foiled by the Eleventh Doctor and Amy, reversing the invasion of Earth and sending the Supreme Dalek and his army back to their own time and space. (GAME: City of the Daleks)
Behind the scenes Edit
- A Supreme Dalek appeared in two short length BBC sketches featuring Matt Lucas and David Walliams promoting a new comedy, Come Fly With Me. The first sketch features the Dalek collecting a boarding pass at Heathrow Airport and telling the hostess that it is going to Skaro. The second sketch features the Dalek leaving the airport, with shopping bags on its plunger arm and being distracted by two attractive air hostesses.
- Many Supreme Daleks appeared in audio stories, comic strips and novels.[additional sources needed] A Supreme Dalek appeared in the Dalek Empire audio series as the Army general and subordinate of a Dalek Emperor on Skaro during the invasion of Mutter's Spiral in the 42nd century and 67th century.
- A Supreme Dalek appears in Gallifrey series. It has a Time War casing with black dome and black globes.