|Also called:||The Void|
|Natives:||White Robots, Master of the Land|
|First seen in:||The Mind Robber|
- You may be looking for the Void.
The White Void, called the Void by characters, was a place connected to the Land of Fiction and accessible to it and the Master of the Land. The White Robots were primarily active here but other characters of the Land could come here and the Robots enter the Land vice versa.
The normal rules of time and space did not apply in the Void as it existed outside of time and space. While it was nowhere, it was the "outside" with the Land being on the "inside." A gateway allowed for crossing between the Void and the Land. (AUDIO: Legend of the Cybermen)
Although a place of nothingness, the Void did have a "ground" that could be walked on. Objects and individuals who were drawn into the Void would appear in white. Images from a person's mind could be projected within the Void to lure them into becoming a part of it, playing tricks with them. Whether this was the Void's nature or influences from the Master was unclear.
Zoe and Jamie found the TARDIS scanner showing them the Void, and then images of their homes, making them believe they had returned. The Doctor believed, correctly, that some force outside meant to use these illusions to tempt Jamie and Zoe to leave the safety of the TARDIS. Zoe did leave, with Jamie following after to rescue her. In the Void, the exterior of the TARDIS itself turned white.
The White Robots captured the Doctor's companions, while the creator of the illusions mentally vied with the Doctor's will in the TARDIS console room. The force took over Zoe and Jamie, turning their clothes white. The Doctor broke the force's hold and returned his companions to the TARDIS. In an effort to leave while fighting the force, the Doctor, Jamie, Zoe, and the TARDIS appeared in a Black Void, though what connection this has to the Land or if it's a variation of the White Void is unknown. (TV: The Mind Robber)
Other Information Edit
The Artful Dodger referred to this place as "the Void" and mentioned "the Gateway," which appeared as some kind of invisible door (AUDIO: Legend of the Cybermen) rather than the castle used by the Tharils. However, the White Void, Void, and the void between N and E-Space, which also had a "ground," may have a connection due to their similarity.
Behind the scenes Edit
- Another mostly-white void which had zero co-ordinates existed between N-Space and E-Space. It was known to the Tharils as the Gateway. (TV: Warriors' Gate)
- There is also the Void between universes.
- Adam Smith may have been trapped in this Void. (TV: Adam)
- In a possibly apocryphal promotion for the Script to Screen competition, the Eleventh Doctor, Amy Pond and Rory Williams became trapped inside the Land of Fiction (although it physically resembled the White Void) and asked for English schoolchildren to help develop an adventure for him so he could escape.