- You may be looking for the documentary.
Winner Takes All was the third Ninth Doctor novel released.
Publisher's summary Edit
Rose and the Doctor return to present-day Earth, and become intrigued by the latest craze — the video game Death to Mantodeans. Is it as harmless as it seems? And why are so many local people going on holiday and never returning?
Meanwhile, on another world, an alien war is raging. The Quevvils need to find a new means of attacking the ruthless Mantodeans. Searching the galaxy for cunning, warlike but gullible allies, they find the ideal soldiers — on Earth.
Will Rose be able to save her family and friends from the alien threat? And can the Doctor play the game to the end — and win?
to be added
- Ninth Doctor
- Rose Tyler
- Jackie Tyler
- Mickey Smith
- Darren Pye
- Mrs Desai
- Mrs Hall
- Robert Watson
- Daisy Watson
- Mickey talks about Playstations and X-boxes. He also has copies of games such as Grand Theft Auto, Gran Turismo and Sonic the Hedgehog. One of the games is titled Bad Wolf.
- Rose mentions Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- Rose Tyler says to herself "Forget Buffy, this was Rose the Giant-Insect Slayer."
- Rose tells the Doctor "Thunderbirds Are Go!"
- The Doctor jokingly tells Rose the Cookie Monster is in fact an alien.
Story notes Edit
- Later reprints of this book removed the image of Billie Piper from the cover, presumably due to use-of-likeness issues after she had left the programme.
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- Encounters with the Slitheen are recalled. (TV: Aliens of London / World War Three, PROSE: The Monsters Inside)
- Rose recalls her encounter with the Autons. (TV: Rose)
Audio release Edit
- An audiobook of the story was released as an audiobook read by David Thorpe in 2007 for the RNIB. It was only available to the registered blind. In 2011, Camille Coduri read the story for AudioGo, and was available from their website before the company went into administration.
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Winner Takes All at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Winner Takes All