|Main setting:||London, 1997|
|Publisher:||Immediate Media Company London Limited|
|Printed in:||DWA 345|
|Release date:||7 May 2014|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|Thrill-Seeker||A Long Way Down|
Humans are being put in the freezer when the Abominable aliens turn the temperature down in a London invasion.
London 1997 and the Doctor expects to arrive in spring — but it's snowing hard and everything is covered in snow and ice. Exploring, they encounter giant green Abominable aliens carrying people off. The Eleventh Doctor and Clara Oswald escape the aliens by sledging towards the frozen Thames on a wheelie bin, where they find in the ice a spacecraft. Inside is like a freezer with its own icy larder full of human bodies. The machine has frozen London instantly and the Doctor needs to reverse its polar polarity. It is Clara who suggests plugging it in to the TARDIS and very soon the freeze is undone with the snow actually falling upwards. As spring arrives suddenly in London the alien invaders are thwarted by the heat having thrived in the early freezing conditions.
- Clara went sledging in 2007.
- The TARDIS must have been close enough to the spacecraft in the Thames to be plugged in.
- There is a reference to needing to "reverse the polar polarity" – a nod to the Third Doctor's frequently referenced "reversing the polarity" phrase.
- Unusually this comic story's final frame is captioned "The End" and not the usual "More adventures next week".
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 345 (4 pages) The End
- No reprints to date.