|Main setting:||Carista VII, GalSec Territory, the far future|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Jamie Robertson|
|Cover by:||Simon Holub|
|Release date:||June 2009|
|The New Eighth Doctor Adventures|
|The Beast of Orlok||The Scapegoat|
|"The Dawn is Coming"|
Publisher's summary Edit
“This is full scale war. Wirrn and humankind locked in a deadly struggle for survival. When did that happen?”
The Doctor and Lucie land right in the middle of one of the human race's bloodiest periods of history. Trying to make a difference here would be like standing up and calling for a cease-fire on the Somme. Certain death...
Survival can be a messy business.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Lucie Miller - Sheridan Smith
- Trooper Salway - Colin Salmon
- Delong - Daniel Anthony
- Farroll - Liz Sutherland
- Winslet - Ian Brooker
- Queen - Beth Chalmers
- This story marks the first appearance of the Wirrn in a Big Finish audio drama.
- This audio drama was recorded on 8 October 2008 at The Moat Studios.
- The story was initially released as a download on the Big Finish website on 18 and 25 April 2009.
- The Fourth Doctor first encountered the Wirrn on the Nerva Beacon (TV: The Ark in Space) whereas the Sixth Doctor encountered them on Loch Lomond off the coast of Scotland in 16127 (AUDIO: Wirrn Isle). The Eighth Doctor also encountered the Wirrn on Micawber's World in July 3999 (PROSE: Placebo Effect).
- Lucie mentions that she used to be "great friends with a centipede." (AUDIO: Sisters of the Flame / The Vengeance of Morbius)
- Igneuman Wasps were previously mentioned by Nyssa in AUDIO: The Mutant Phase.
- Official Wirrn Dawn page at bigfinish.com
- Wirrn Dawn at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- DisContinuity for Wirrn Dawn at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide