|Main enemy:||Morgaine, Mordred|
|Cover by:||Black Sheep|
|Release date:||1 September 2003|
|Format:||Paperback Book; 16 Chapters, 288 Pages|
|BBC Past Doctor Adventures|
|The Colony of Lies||Deadly Reunion|
- You may be looking for the titular plant.
Wolfsbane was the sixth-second BBC Past Doctor Adventures novel. It featured the Fourth Doctor, Sarah Jane Smith and Harry Sullivan. It also features the Eighth Doctor. For him this novel takes place during his time on Earth following the events in the novel The Ancestor Cell.
Publisher's summary Edit
"Deliver us from Evil."
Harry is dead. Having left him abandoned and alone in pre-war Britain, the Fourth Doctor and Sarah try to solve the mystery of his death. But the only witness is in a lunatic asylum, driven mad by what he has seen. He tells of murder and mutilation, of living trees and long-dead legends, of wolfmen and war... And of a mysterious stranger known only as the Doctor.
Can it be true that Harry discovered the last resting place of the Holy Grail? Why are the flowers and trees in a Somerset village in full bloom at Christmas? And is it just a coincidence that Harry died under a full moon...?
to be added
- Eighth Doctor
- Fourth Doctor
- Sarah Jane Smith
- Harry Sullivan
- Emmeline Neuberger
- George Stanton
- Hester Stanton
- Lucinda Ryan
- Rose Perry
to be added
- A preview for this novel illustrated by Mike Collins appeared in DWM 334.
- The December 1936 sequences take place contemporaneously with the events of the novel Players, whereas the October 1938 sequences take place contemporaneously with the events of the novel Timeless and shortly before those of the audio story Invaders from Mars.
- It is implied — although not explicitly stated — that the Fourth Doctor's TARDIS was drawn to this time by the Eighth Doctor's, the future TARDIS still regenerating after the damage inflicted by the Paradox biodata virus. (PROSE: The Ancestor Cell, The Burning)
- The Eighth Doctor mentions travelling abroad for several years. (PROSE: The Year of Intelligent Tigers)
- Harry reads a rejection letter from the Doctor's literary career. (PROSE: Mordieu)
- To spark the Eighth Doctor's memory, Harry mentions Skaro. (TV: Genesis of the Daleks)
- Wolfsbane at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Wolfsbane at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Wolfsbane