This article contains far too many bulleted lists. These sections should be converted into normal prose.
In the 2010s, the planet was suffering food shortages and the scientist Ramón Salamander gained fame for solving the problem; his Sun Store increased grain production in Canada and Ukraine in 2018. Secretly, Salamander was power hungry and in 2013, he'd begun a plan to conquer the planet by tricking scientists into believing a nuclear war had started. While he murdered and blackmailed politicians to allow his own trusted officials to take top jobs in the Authority, he had the scientists caus "natural" disasters that he could "warn" against or aid. In 2018, he triggered a volcano in the Central European Zone and discredited the Controller. His plot was discovered and stopped by the Second Doctor. (TV: The Enemy of the World)
Known zones Edit
- Central Asian
- Controller, Mikhail Assevski. Assevski was a former Olympic Marathon-Swim Gold Medalist but found drowned 100 metres offshore in Lake Baikal.
- Central European - centred on Hungary
- Former Leader: Alexander Denes (arrested and killed by Salamander)
- Former Second-in-command: Fedorin (killed by Salamander)
- Former Finance Deputy, Jean Ferrier, father to Astrid Ferrier. He was an expert skier but vanished without a trace in perfect weather conditions. (PROSE: Doctor Who and the Enemy of the World)
- North African and European Zone