X and the Daleks (audio story)
|X and the Daleks|
|Main enemy:||The Daleks, The Dalek time controller, Kotris ('X')|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Alex Mallinson|
|Part of:||Dark Eyes|
|Release date:||10 November 2012|
|Format:||1 X 1 hour|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|Tangled Web||The Traitor|
X and the Daleks was the fourth and final full cast audio story in the Dark Eyes audio anthology released in 2012 by Big Finish Productions. It featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor and Ruth Bradley as Molly O'Sullivan.
Publisher's summary edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Molly O'Sullivan - Ruth Bradley
- Nadeyan - Ian Cullen
- Straxus - Peter Egan
- Lord President/Sandun - Tim Treloar
- Kotris ('X') - Toby Jones
- The Daleks/Dalek Time Controller - Nicholas Briggs
- Molly tells the Doctor that she was teased for her unusually dark eyes when she was a child and when she first entered domestic service. However, this teasing ended when she began to punch the people who mocked her.
- Molly was born in Ireland in 1891.
- Molly had seven siblings, all of whom she outlived. Two of her brothers and her three sisters died before their fifth birthdays. She had two other brothers, Patrick and Liam. Patrick joined the British Army during World War I and was killed on his first day in France while Liam remained in Ireland but was killed by an English sentry.
- Nadeyan sacrifices his life to save Molly, who reminds him of his late daughter.
- Petulins are native to Srangor.
- The Daleks have installed a space-time projector on Srangor. It has the ability to transmit information by folding time. Components of it are a relativity map and a Temporal Chamber.
- Kotris saves Molly from falling into the core of Srangor by using a gravity beam.
- Kotris used a temporal drone to stop his previous self from killing himself.
Time Lords edit
- Sandun is in his first incarnation. He tells the Doctor that a weapon was created on Srangor which produces retro-genitor radiation that inhibits a Time Lord from regenerating.
- Kotris and the Daleks are constructing a Time Lord temporal chamber on Srangor. Once it is completed, it will enable them to see all of time and space.
- Straxus tells the Doctor that Kotris is his next incarnation and, consequently, his future self will not kill him, even if it means the utter destruction of the Daleks.
- Kotris is Straxus' family name.
- The Daleks exterminate Straxus, resulting in both Kotris and his plot to destroy the Time Lords being erased from history. However, the Dalek time controller pledges that it will find another way of destroying the Time Lords.
- As Kotris never existed, Molly no longer has dark eyes. She departs the TARDIS after materialising it in France during World War I as she realised with Kotris having been erased from history, her friend and mistress Kitty Donaldson would still be alive and that she had to continue taking care of her as she promised.
- X and the Daleks was part of the Dark Eyes box-set.
- This audio drama was recorded on 1, 18, 19 and 20 June 2012 at The Moat Studios.
- The Srangor farmer tells the Doctor and Molly that someone else appeared in a TARDIS and threw himself off the mountain twice. However, he was prevented from doing so by a temporal drone. (AUDIO: Fugitives)
- Straxus tells the Lord President that the time ram which seemed to destroy his TARDIS was an illusion created for the Doctor's benefit. (AUDIO: Tangled Web)
- Molly mentions "diving up a bottomless wave" on Halalka. (AUDIO: Fugitives)
- The Doctor refers to the death of Lucie Miller. (AUDIO: To the Death)
- Molly once again refers to Gallifrey as "Galilee". (AUDIO: Fugitives)
- The Doctor previously encountered the Dalek time controller on the Amethyst Viral Containment Station in the far future during his sixth incarnation (AUDIO: Patient Zero) and on Earth during the second Dalek invasion in the 2190s earlier in his eighth incarnation. It was saved from destruction by Kotris. (AUDIO: To the Death)