|Yonder... The Yeti|
|Main enemy:||Great Intelligence|
|Main setting:||Himalayas, Nepal and Tibet, 1984|
|Colourist:||Andy Yanchus (reprint)|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who Magazine 31-34|
|Release date:||14 May - 5 June 1980|
|Format:||B&W 4 parts / 8 pages|
|DWM backup comic stories|
|Star Tigers||Black Legacy|
Two Australians, Bruce and Angela Healy, and a Japanese traveller, Shiro Sugimoto, search the Himalayas for the Yeti. Feeling unwelcome at the monastery, they continue their search. At night Shiro is killed and the Great Intelligence takes over his body, unknown to the others. Lama Gampo appears the next day, urging them to turn back, but when they see a Yeti, they go in pursuit. It is a trap and the Great Intelligence reveals itself and its desire to better understand the world. Gampo arrives and rescues them. Summoning the real Yetis, he defeats the Great Intelligence and wipes the memories of the two Australians.
- The placement of this UNIT story in 1984 was not controversial at the time, as UNIT stories were presumed to be set in the early-to-mid 1980s. However, future retcons and confusion has resulted in most UNIT stories being placed in the 1970s, as they aired. However, as few connections to the original '70s episodes other than the mention of The Brigadier are shown, the placement of this story is not an issue.
- This back up strip was introduced by the Fourth Doctor
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWM 31 (2) Next Week - Captured!
- DWM 32 (2) More Next Week
- DWM 33 (2) More Next Week!
- DWM 34 (2) End