Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Yonder... The Yeti|
|Main enemy:||Great Intelligence, Robot Yeti|
|Main setting:||Himalayas, Nepal and Tibet, 1980s|
|Colourist:||Andy Yanchus (reprint)|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who Magazine 31-34|
|Release date:||14 May - 5 June 1980|
|Format:||B&W 4 parts / 8 pages|
|DWM backup comic stories|
|Star Tigers||Black Legacy|
Two Australians, Bruce and Angela Healy, and a Japanese traveller, Shiro Sugimoto, search the Himalayas for the Yeti. Feeling unwelcome at the monastery, they continue their search. That night, Shiro is killed by the Robot Yeti and the Great Intelligence takes over his body, unknown to the others. Lama Gampo appears the next day, urging them to turn back, but when they see a Yeti, they go in pursuit. However, it is a trap and the Great Intelligence reveals itself and its desire to better understand the world. Gampo arrives and rescues them. Summoning the real Yetis, he defeats the Great Intelligence and wipes the memories of the two Australians.
to be added
- The Yeti can fly, using what look like transolar disks.
- The Intelligence's base in a supposedly nonexistent monastery contains advanced technology, including a power transducer that allows it to control Shiro's dead body while it remains in deep space.
- This back up strip was introduced by the Fourth Doctor.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWM 31 (2) Next Week - Captured!
- DWM 32 (2) More Next Week
- DWM 33 (2) More Next Week!
- DWM 34 (2) End
- The story was set in 1935, so either this story's dating is a mistake, or there was an earlier attack by the Yeti.
- The Intelligence exists in deep space, remotely possessing a dead body on Earth and commanding Yeti with web-guns. (TV: The Web of Fear)