|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Anthony Lamb|
|Release date:||15 August 2014|
|Format:||2 Parts, 1 CD|
|Fourth Doctor Adventures|
|The Abandoned||The Exxilons|
Zygon Hunt was the eighth story in the third series of Fourth Doctor Adventures.
Publisher's summary Edit
On the jungle planet Garros, Earth Forces Knight Commander-in-Chief Greg Saraton and his team are hunting gigantic beasts, for sport. When the Doctor and Leela arrive, they are caught up in a web of intrigue where there is no clear friend or foe.
What is Saraton's vital connection with Earth's Solar System's Defence Shield? Why are the giant reptilian birds of Garros attacking? What terrible secret lurks deep within the trees?
Before the truth can be revealed, a heavy price will be extracted and loyalties will be tested to the limit.
Part one Edit
to be added
Part two Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- Gregor Saraton - Michael Maloney
- Mina Challis - Gillian Kearney
- Knight Commander Elunas - James George
- Knight Commander Ollerie - Steven Alexander
- Baragor/The Zygons/Knights - Nicholas Briggs
- The Doctor tells Leela that she missed her calling as a weather forecaster.
- Leela's father Sole taught her how to heal animals' wounds with moss.
- This story was recorded at Audio Sorcery.
- This is the first appearance of the Zygons since the television story The Day of the Doctor.
- Leela compares Garros to her home planet and refers to her father Sole. (TV: The Face of Evil)
- The Doctor refers to the fact that Madame Nostradamus knitted his scarf. (TV: The Ark in Space)
- The Doctor previously encountered the Zygons and a Skarasen on Tulloch Moor, Scotland in the 1970s. (TV: Terror of the Zygons)
- The Doctor previously mentioned the Zygons to Leela as part of a message that he wanted her to deliver to UNIT in 1979. (AUDIO: Trail of the White Worm)
- The Doctor refers to the Zygons' body-print technology. (TV: Terror of the Zygons)
- The Doctor refers to the destruction of the Zygons' homeworld Zygor. (TV: Terror of the Zygons) Its destruction was caused by the Time War. (TV: The Day of the Doctor)
- The Doctor tells Mina that Warlord Broton and the rest of the Zygons on Earth are dead and that their Skarasen is "aimlessly swimming around Loch Ness occasionally posing for very blurred photographs". (TV: Terror of the Zygons)